Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ricky Marlowe's Hairpiece 11.09.2001

RIP Robert, I never knew you but your death although tragic has given a lot of help to others out there.

Who actually was the Ricky Marlowe that Robert Eaton named himself after?

RIP Robert, I never knew you but your death although tragic has given a lot of help to others out there.

Who actually was the Ricky Marlowe that Robert Eaton named himself after?

Former Brighton centre forward with a "particular" hairstyle - long and blond; I think Ricky now lives in Scotland but comes down regularly to guest for us in the REMF games, as he did at the Dripping Pan this April - top bloke imo.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Southern Counties Radio are doing a piece at around 5.20 pm and the REMF will be mentioned. They are hoping Angela Ridge ( Robert's Sister )will speak if not I am in reserve.

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Such a sad day to remember. My heart goes out to Doug and Laura and the rest of the family.

I'm certain that Rob will be more than pleased with the hard work and subsequent rewards that that have been achieved in his name.

Rest in Peace.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Former Brighton centre forward with a "particular" hairstyle - long and blond; I think Ricky now lives in Scotland but comes down regularly to guest for us in the REMF games, as he did at the Dripping Pan this April - top bloke imo.

I think - though I stand to be corrected - he's played in all of the REMF games.

Stats
1974-75 Ricky Marlowe 25 apps, 5 goals Came from Shrewsbury Town, went on loan to Aldershot while here, before heading on to Wimbledon.

RIP Robert.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Correct Al.

Ricky Marlowe has played in every REMF game.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
strange I have been watching the progs about 9/11 and my thoughts always go to Robert,I never knew him but its really nice in this day and age to see the Brighton community coming together and remembering him.
makes me proud to say I support this club.
RIP Robert

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
strange I have been watching the progs about 9/11 and my thoughts always go to Robert,I never knew him but its really nice in this day and age to see the Brighton community coming together and remembering him.
makes me proud to say I support this club.
RIP Robert

Hear hear.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Ricky Marlowe is a top TOP man and encapsulates everything that the REMF game is about. We couldn't be blessed with a nicer guy to play in those games.

Yes, big up everyone who keeps the REMF going. It really is appreciated, on a personal level, by a whole lot of people.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
I used to play footy with Rob - and he was a genuinely nice guy - and a pretty useful footballer too!!
RIP mate

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I am planning and will be working full out for the below which should be a very special occassion

REMF 10
Brighton & Hove Albion Supporters V Crystal Palace supporters
Venue - The Falmer Stadium
Late April 2011

It probably won't happen, but wouldn't it be amazing if it was one of the first games in the stadium?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
rickymarloween3.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
At times I hate people on NSC as they are keyboard warriors who speak crap and certain cliques on here feel they rule board.

However when I think of REMF and how I got ASC Strikers involved let alone the magnificent contributions from many great NSC people I feel very proud of NSC and also feel that something was salvaged from such a disgraceful act of terrorism.

RIP Robert

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here