Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richie Towell

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Different sort of player though. Probably more a just behind a lone striker type of midfielder. Even if that weren't the case though if he came in for one of those 2 due to suspension or injury and set the league alight would you expect Stephens or Kayal to get straight back in

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I have a friend who is an avid Cork City fan so he watches plenty of the Irish League stuff. He's of the opinion that this guy is one of the best players he has ever seen in the league.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I have a friend who is an avid Cork City fan so he watches plenty of the Irish League stuff. He's of the opinion that this guy is one of the best players he has ever seen in the league.

Many Irish fans in Twitter said the same. Also he's bet just behind the striker. I think the recruitment record this season has been pretty damn good so trust in the judgment. And if he flops it won't be costing us a fortune so let's just see...

BR1GHT0N

Sep 21, 2015
Hope we're not paying much. He is a good player yes, but it would be fair to say from those highlights the Irish league looks to be on a par with the National League. He was also rejected by Hibs having played a season on loan there. Like I said when this was first bought up, I hope he turns out to be a gem... but to say he could be our Jamie Vardy is pretty ridiculous.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Hope we're not paying much. He is a good player yes, but it would be fair to say from those highlights the Irish league looks to be on a par with the National League. He was also rejected by Hibs having played a season on loan there. Like I said when this was first bought up, I hope he turns out to be a gem... but to say he could be our Jamie Vardy is pretty ridiculous.

Not really, with the key word being 'could' it was in no way suggesting he would turn out like that.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Done deal. 2 and a half year contract, announcement tomorrow.

According to someone 'in the know' on Twitter. ??? ???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not disagreeing with you, bloody good fun to watch though eh?

I'm not fussed one way or the other whether we get Richie Towell in, I don't know enough about him. Just saying how the previous recent Irish midfielders all had something in common and how much I enjoyed watching them play. Nothing more.

I'm with you, in team 'Irish unpredictables'.
And I'll raise you George O'Callaghan!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I like the sound of Towell. He's been with a big club, it didn't work out and he's rebuilt his career. I can see us getting a player who will be hungry for his second chance at the big time. Added to the fact that if he impresses he will have a great chance of going to the Euros.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here