Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richie Barker

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Barker is simply not ready for the step up to the championship.
He has had a decent season at Crawley but made quite a few mistakes along the way.
Barker is very sure of himself and many Crawley fans just haven't warmed to him.He doesn't like criticism and comes across sulky,petulant and a bit aloof.He recently banned a young reporter who covers the Crawley games for a local rag because he didn't like what she was writing.He dismisses the supporters opinions of his tactics and just says he is the best qualified coach for his age in Europe.
He gets wound up enough with 3,000 Crawley fans, **** knows how he wold cope with 30,000 Brighton ones on his back.

Sound familiar.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Terrible player for us. Lazy, non-scoring striker. We can do better for manager

Think that's a little unfair he played in what must have been the worst Albion 11 of all time I think Ulloa would have looked poor in that team

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
We signed the Bear on a free from a club in Northern Ireland and he went on a long non-scoring run, looking every bit the journeyman striker, but to say he was lazy, completely misses the point. He started scoring through sheer hard work and it wasn't just on the pitch He was training as a physio when he was with us, if he was on the bench he would be running out with water for the other players. I remember when we started playing reserve games at Woodside Road, I went along for the novelty factor and the Bear was there in the stands. He only moved on to go back up North because his father was sick. Good to see him making a real go of it at Crawley and I wish him well.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
We signed the Bear on a free from a club in Northern Ireland and he went on a long non-scoring run, looking every bit the journeyman striker, but to say he was lazy, completely misses the point. He started scoring through sheer hard work and it wasn't just on the pitch He was training as a physio when he was with us, if he was on the bench he would be running out with water for the other players. I remember when we started playing reserve games at Woodside Road, I went along for the novelty factor and the Bear was there in the stands. He only moved on to go back up North because his father was sick. Good to see him making a real go of it at Crawley and I wish him well.
Didn't know that. I have been harsh and now feel bad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here