Richard Cheese

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Just heard this bloke, bloody amazing twist on some GREAT songs, sort of Fran Sinatra does Rock...amazing, heres a blurb and album tracklist:

On "Lounge Against The Machine," On "Lounge Against The Machine," neo-legendary lounge singer Richard Cheese takes the happenin' songs that the kids are listening to these days, and swankifies them with that pop vocal feel. Imagine Frank Sinatra crooning a big band version of "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails, except for the part where Frank is dead. No, indeed, Cheese is alive and well, singing and swinging 16 kooky covers of alternative hits with jazzy arrangements, snazzy vocals, and pizazzy style on a fabulous CD that The Los Angeles Times calls "smooth," Stuff Magazine calls "Catskills-worthy," and Rolling Stone calls "pungent." You've seen him on NBC's Last Call With Carson Daly, CNN, Fox & Friends, and MTV's "Say What Karaoke," you've heard him on Howard Stern, KROQ, Z100, and Opie & Anthony, and now experience him on your hi-fi set.

1. Nookie/Break Stuff (originally by Limp Bizkit)
2. Guerilla Radio (originally by Rage Against The Machine)
3. Come Out And Play (originally by Offspring)
4. Closer (originally by Nine Inch Nails)
5. Wrong Way (originally by Sublime)
6. Bullet The Blue Sky (originally by U2)
7. Creep (originally by Radiohead)
8. Last Resort (originally by Papa Roach)
9. Rape Me (originally by Nirvana)
10. What's My Age Again (originally by Blink 182)
11. Smack My Bitch Up (originally by Prodigy)
12. Fight For Your Right (originally by Beastie Boys)
13. Only Happy When It Rains (originally by Garbage)
14. Suck My Kiss (originally by Red Hot Chili Peppers)
15. Holiday In Cambodia (originally by Dead Kennedys)
16. The Rockafeller Skank (originally by Fat Boy Slim)

Smithers-Jones

Mar 26, 2004
Eltham
Very similar to what that bloke did a few years ago, only doing "new" songs as Elvis. Went under the stage name "The King" released an album of cover versions (Nirvana etc.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports