Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ricardo and/or James Justin

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We have almost all the entire footballing world to choose from, yet posters are looking at James Justin.

Never change NSC - can't wait for the final spot to be taken will it be The Leeds' Luke Ayling or Tarkers from Everton. 😦

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
We have almost all the entire footballing world to choose from, yet posters are looking at James Justin.

Never change NSC - can't wait for the final spot to be taken will it be The Leeds' Luke Ayling or Tarkers from Everton. 😦

I’ll bite… in some circumstances it makes sense to shop local. James Justin and KWP’s are both still relatively young, can play either side, know the league and have both been talked about as being options for England squad. If we’re playing European competition then we also need to be aware of how many HGP’s we have.

We can’t always go for the flair options.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
James Justin
Ryan Bertrand
Timothy Castagne
Youri Tielemens
Harvey Barnes
Wilfrid Ndidi
James Maddison
Kelechi Iheanacho
Patson Daka

I think any of these players would add to our squad and fit on well. They really are too good to get relegated.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
James Justin
Ryan Bertrand
Timothy Castagne
Youri Tielemens
Harvey Barnes
Wilfrid Ndidi
James Maddison
Kelechi Iheanacho
Patson Daka

I think any of these players would add to our squad and fit on well. They really are too good to get relegated.
The 36 game league table would suggest otherwise.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Close call. And then there’s enciso.
Barnes would still be a nice to have, if available fairly cheaply.
Barnes won’t be. There’s a few interested clubs according to reports and Leicester want 60m.

We could get 6 South American wonderkids for that. Top of our list should be Enso Gonzalez aka Enciso 2.0 from Libertad.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I totally accept the principle that you have take a good signing from a relegated side.

It's just that there aren't any Leicester players I think we should be vaguely interested in

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
James Justin
Ryan Bertrand
Timothy Castagne
Youri Tielemens
Harvey Barnes
Wilfrid Ndidi
James Maddison
Kelechi Iheanacho
Patson Daka

Im not normally one for picking up players from a relegated side, but Leicester could buck that trend. One or two of those could add good squad depth. Its amazing they're in the position they're in, and going down without much fight, given those players.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
James Justin is good and plays mainly right back. Not seen so much of him this season - injured? I believe it was Solly March who Justin ran rings round a season or two ago. I'd be happy if he came to us.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
James Justin
Ryan Bertrand
Timothy Castagne
Youri Tielemens
Harvey Barnes
Wilfrid Ndidi
James Maddison
Kelechi Iheanacho
Patson Daka

Takes some doing to take that team down

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Barnes won’t be. There’s a few interested clubs according to reports and Leicester want 60m.

We could get 6 South American wonderkids for that. Top of our list should be Enso Gonzalez aka Enciso 2.0 from Libertad.

It'll be really interesting to see how well Leicester hold out for £60m. They're in real trouble financially and teams will know this meaning the longer that they don't sell towards the end of the window the more desperate they'll be.

The video below explains their situation on how well and truly in trouble they are.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Ricardo has managed 8 games this season. He managed 14 the season before that and 15 the year before that. His body is made out of ice lolly sticks and PVA glue. The money he’d demand would be obscene for someone who can’t stay fit. Justin isn’t much better but is at least young and wouldn’t want a kings ransom.

The players in that Leicester team I wouldn’t mind us taking a punt on who would be realistic signings are Luke Thomas and Patson Daka at a push. The rest of them are either not good enough, would want way too much money or both.
Definitely. Seem to have a lot of crocks. That 'Yes' Ndidi looked great for a while but seems to be injured all the time too.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It'll be really interesting to see how well Leicester hold out for £60m. They're in real trouble financially and teams will know this meaning the longer that they don't sell towards the end of the window the more desperate they'll be.

I hadn't realised how badly Covid has impacted King Power's revenue, and also about the big contracts they have put various players on like Vestagaard and Bertrand. It all sounds very depressing if you are a Leicester fan and is also a good lesson for comparable sized clubs like ourselves to keep the wage bill under tight control.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I hadn't realised how badly Covid has impacted King Power's revenue, and also about the big contracts they have put various players on like Vestagaard and Bertrand. It all sounds very depressing if you are a Leicester fan and is also a good lesson for comparable sized clubs like ourselves to keep the wage bill under tight control.
Some big lessons for the likes of us there though.

1. Separate your income from the wealth of your owners (see also Chelsea, Everton)
2. If you have a working model of recruitment stick to it and don't be tempted to compete in a different way when success comes.
3. Don't mess abut with your wage structure
4. Don't be afraid to sell a big asset at the right time for maximum value despite pressure not to.
5. Renew contracts of your best performing players early and often.

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
Ricardo has managed 8 games this season. He managed 14 the season before that and 15 the year before that. His body is made out of ice lolly sticks and PVA glue. The money he’d demand would be obscene for someone who can’t stay fit. Justin isn’t much better but is at least young and wouldn’t want a kings ransom.

The players in that Leicester team I wouldn’t mind us taking a punt on who would be realistic signings are Luke Thomas and Patson Daka at a push. The rest of them are either not good enough, would want way too much money or both.
Often wondered if injuries are more prevalent when a team isn't doing well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here