Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Return to the Office ... what's your company doing ?

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Thats kind of where we are, you can't fabricate steelwork, pipework and tanks etc in the front room

When I got told I couldn't work from home ( I'm office design/projects) it was interesting that those that told me could do a few days at home when it suited.

It also said a lot about who would rather be in the office than at home!

Very much the same situation here tbh. Printing, design, and packaging cant be produced remotely...except for one person who was adamant they could do it, so has had a lot of WFH in the last year, while the rest of us are in every day.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Like a lot of others on the thread we are expecting to do a 3/2 or a 2/3 week from around the 21st of June.

I've been commuting occasionally to London this year so far when I needed to be (pretty much the only person) in the office and thoroughly enjoyed the empty trains on the way there. I think things will be rather different from the end of June, or, maybe September, as I expect a lot of people will be taking holidays when they need to go back to commuting.

The big change will be when there are so many people on the train that I will have someone sitting next to me again. That hasn't happened since March 2020 and has not been missed.

As I started working in my current job during the pandemic, I've not met over 95% of the people that I work with, so going into the office when there are people there will be quite odd, as I've only seen them on video screens.

Last edited:

Brighthelmstone

Nov 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
Ours (based near the dogs in Hove) haven't announced any changes once lockdown lifts, but have started removing desks and installing more meeting rooms. considering we had to hot desk before all this i can only assume it'll be more WFH. suits me as i spend all day on the phone to Poland/India and never understood why it was felt that i could only do that 9-5 mon to fri in an office!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I work on the City in the Front Office. We’ve been given the choice - going in once a week atm.

The difference in views is massive. Some are in all the time, others not at all. Others sometimes. Just back from a couple of beers after work and everywhere outside was rammed.

Don’t think we’ll go back to completely as before - but won’t be far off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here