Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Return to the Amex" questions

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have absolutely no idea what's going on. I don't even know where to start. Until I receive a letter from the club I shall be burying my head up my arse.

I hope they can do a better job than the executive of the communications unit at my workplace. The utter wombats.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Suggestion: The club contact season tickets and get a sense who wishes to attend under such circumstances ?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Cycling is currently a good way to arrive at the ground in a safe and socialy distanced manner. However, it is currently prohibitive due to the inability to bring a helmet into the ground. This means either breaking the ground rules or breaking road rules by taking the helmet into the ground or not wearing one on the road. Will the club consider lifting this ban to allow people to cycle to the ground and reduce capacity on buses and trains?

There's no law that says you have to wear a helmet when cycling.

There are some studies that suggest it actually makes you more likely to get involved in an accident (both because people who wear helmets take more risks, and because other road users take more risks with riders wearing helmets than those not wearing helmets).

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Nice thread but, as the club answered most of these questions, they may not appreciate having to answer them again. As they said, they are very busy with this.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
What's the deal with members? We paid our membership fee in early June, at the height of lockdown, really as a gesture of support for the club, and will be really disappointed if we're shut out entirely. I've only seen reference to a ballot of STH's, do we have any option of a ticket?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
When Leeds visit the Amex stadium will the players give them a guard of honour, as they are the champions of the world?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Well I have been told to wear one before by police but either way it should be encouraged for safety reasons. Drivers should also learn to drive properly, but that is another debate.
Either way it is off-putting knowing you HAVE no choice but to not wear a helmet to a game. Surely we should at least have the choice.

The police were wrong. Like I said, there's no guarantee it improves safety https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/article/20171126-Chris-Boardman-0

Compared to our European neighbours, UK commuter cyclists feel the need to wear what amounts to body armour in attempt to stay safe. Yet despite their efforts we have some of the highest cycling KSI rates (Killed or Seriously Injured) in Europe and they are increasing. That in itself should tell us something.

All over the world, countries with the highest use of safety gear are the most dangerous for cyclists. Wherever helmet use has been made compulsory, there has been no corresponding drop in head injury unless there is also a drop in cycling rates.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/mar/21/bike-helmet-cyclists-safe-urban-warfare-wheels < a similar article, that goes further into the studies that shows how it can be more dangerous, i.e. less safe, to wear a helmet.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If you decide not to attend under these conditions will your season ticket still be held for you when we finally all return together?

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
As someone said earlier most of these questions were answered at the webinar. Maybe this thread should be merged with the other return one and then only the outstanding questions sent to the club. I say this because several times it was said how busy club staff were and asking them to repeat answers already given is incredibly unnecessary.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
If there aren't seats available in your band, or the band below, would you be able to upgrade to a higher banding?

If a member of your household (not the ticket holder) is "clinically extremely vulnerable", can you defer your ST? EG, can a father living with their vulnerable child opt out?

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Anyone know roughly how many STH there are ? Just trying to work out how likely it would be to be accepted in a ballot ?

Brighton Rocker

Jul 16, 2011
TN 21
For the multiple (up to 5) applications, must everybody be from the same household so they sit together, or can it be groups of friends from different households who presumably would need to sit more than 1m apart?

Should not make a difference as even groups will be spaced out with an empty seat between spectators. PB confirmed sitting next to each other in groups would be too difficult to manage game to game.

Brighton Rocker

Jul 16, 2011
TN 21
As Paul said this was a consultation and the details can’t be finalised until there is agreement from government (who don’t know their arse from their elbow)!
The Club are asking for questions which haven’t already been answered.
I have asked the Club about groups sitting together (see reply above) and also how the ballot works for a group. If I am in a group of 4 for example, does that group get just one place in each ballot or, do all 4 go in the ballot and if just one gets drawn, all four get tickets? Paul has asked Jenny to respond on this point.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Cycling is currently a good way to arrive at the ground in a safe and socialy distanced manner. However, it is currently prohibitive due to the inability to bring a helmet into the ground. This means either breaking the ground rules or breaking road rules by taking the helmet into the ground or not wearing one on the road. Will the club consider lifting this ban to allow people to cycle to the ground and reduce capacity on buses and trains?
I have been locking my helmet up with my bike for 25 years and never had a problem.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Nice thread but, as the club answered most of these questions, they may not appreciate having to answer them again. As they said, they are very busy with this.
If people are asking the questions it means they don't know the answers.

Surely the club want people to be fully informed ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If you decide not to attend under these conditions will your season ticket still be held for you when we finally all return together?
This is a KEY question which needs to be clarified.

I'd like to think that the issuing of attendance warnings and black marks will be suspended under the current circumstances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here