Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Return to the 70's

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
according to RMT, 200 jobs at risk and unspecified safety and working conditions will change. RMT or other unions are rarely forthcoming in the detail of the dispute, for that matter neither are the employers. but the question was what has changed to bring about so many disputes, either a) there is coordinated efforts by multiple company's to upset their staff and unions or b) the RMT has decided to increase its responce to ongoing issues.
mostly a) imo, on behalf of the current Government.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I thought from the thread title that it was to be an announcement that velvet loon pants were coming back in. Sadly I no longer have the arse for them.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Any notion of sensible discussions with the RMT must have finally gone by now. They have now announced yet more strike action on the Virgin East Coast franchise.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37058849

Mick Cash even using the term 'scab' labour! Last night they were even unable to explain what they actually wanted from Eurostar, just quoting work/life balance. A bunch of cxxts who really think their opportunity has come with Corbyn and Momentum.

Got to disagree with you there woody, someone has got to make a stand against what seems to be a never ending race to the bottom , safety WILL be compromised under the new terms , it's a penny pinching excercise on southerns part , in fact the whole rail network is an example of this , the RMT certainly have my support in this dispute, and that's speaking as a commuter to London.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here