Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
IMG_0549.JPG

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Something has to be done as it's happening every week in most games,it's out of control.

I haven't seen the tweet,but if he has admitted to it he should be banned

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Something has to be done as it's happening every week in most games,it's out of control.

I haven't seen the tweet,but if he has admitted to it he should be banned

I agree , he should be embarrassed. The tweet was a attempt at saving face but most have seen it for what it was .

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not condoning diving but I think the lesson to be learned is that managers have got to stop their players saying anything controversial on social media and if need be ban the use of it while a player is under contract.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It was a pen, but I doubt we would have got it if Dunk had not gone down, thus drawing the refs attention to the foul.
Dunk a big bloke ,and I can't see that pulling his arm would make him fall over, but, it was enough to prevent him from reaching the cross.

It's simple. If a player was fouled then he wouldn't be punished. It's those who aren't that are the issue. Nothing wrong in going to ground when fouled.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No for me as I am against retrospective cards just because the ref with the help of his 2 assistants and the 4th official failed in his job.

Ridiculous comment. Snodgrass deserves a ban for cheating. Fair enough that he fooled the ref at the time but if they slapped a 5 game ban on for that sort of thing then players would soon stop. Then increase for each subsequent offence say an extra two games. Persistent offenders will soon find they don't get many games.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The solution comes from rugby. And Nigel Evans was interviewed last evening on 5live about this.

'Citing' occurs when it's subsequently decided that something, concerning a player's actions, was missed during the game. This could be a physical assault or, in football's case, diving.

As a result players can end up being fined and/or banned. As Evans points out, most dives would be made by key players in prominent parts of the field. This means that, and Snodgrass is a good example, the most important players could end up being banned for three matches.

There is no reason why football cannot follow this lead. It will solve much of the problem straight away as, say for example, someone like Knockeart was banned for a while. Hughton would be furious if he lost him for any length of time over something such as that.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Definite intent, and for the verbal tirade Dann gave the poor ref after this incident he should have seen red.

Intent ? I saw a player withdraw from a tackle for fear of making contact with the opponent. He did nothing wrong.

I don't care whether it's against Palace or Brighton Market third eleven. It has to stop.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am not condoning diving but I think the lesson to be learned is that managers have got to stop their players saying anything controversial on social media and if need be ban the use of it while a player is under contract.

So it's ok to cheat but don't talk about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here