Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Results day

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Well done everybody - now you can take it easy for 3 years, drink subsidised beer, watch bands and have a lie-in - you deserve it! Or has university changed since I went? ???

Last edited:

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Bloody hell, what a BOFFIN! I get an E at a-level maths:down: It was far harder than anything I did at uni.

What's your boy going to be studying once he gets to Warwick?

He is a bit! But still a ST holder, guitarist in a band etc! Well balanced. He is going for Maths with Physics. I don't understand anything when he starts talking about it.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
My students did really well, a great set of results. All down to brilliant teaching ;)

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
My son got what he needed to get into Brighton to study Sports Coaching (at Eastbourne) so will be still able to come to games, so a double celebration for us.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Well done everybody - now you can take it easy for 3 years, drink subsidised beer, watch bands and have a lie-in - you deserve it! Or has university changed since I went? ???

It's still the same nowadays :thumbsup:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I worked my nuts off and sacrificed a lot for my grades. Anyone that says they're easy is a :tosser:

I would be more impressed if you said you said you did nothing but still got good grades. Now thats natural ability.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
No, the most impressive get offered a place at Oxbridge with a requirement of just a single E

Isn't it two Es? And that's because they've taken the Oxbridge exams and been selected at interview, giving them a wonderful opportunity to really enjoy the last two terms of sixth form because they can just about fail their A-levels and STILL get in!

Last edited:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I worked my nuts off and sacrificed a lot for my grades. Anyone that says they're easy is a :tosser:

Alright flower, what subjects did you do? As I'm sure you're well aware there is a ginormous gulf between the real subjects and the likes of business studies in terms of difficulty. Achieving an A in Chemistry, Physics, Further Maths etc is a significant achievement. Someone could quite easily get 3As in subjects like PE and Business Studies and probably not make a C in Chemistry.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Shit's hitting the fan in Shawford. Grrr Five grand a term for U, C, D, C. In As. Oh dear, Son.
( That's Chemistry, Physics, Maths, and Geography.)

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
This takes me back to a similar day in 1980 .

I achieved F F F F , alas .

However in the preceding 2 years I had discovered sex & drugs & rock & roll .

A fair exchange i feel.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Shit's hitting the fan in Shawford. Grrr Five grand a term for U, C, D, C. In As. Oh dear, Son.
( That's Chemistry, Physics, Maths, and Geography.)

At least he had the balls to choose those subjects. I'd have to question why he took 4 through to A2 if he was struggling for grades, what did his teachers and parents advise him to do there?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
At least he had the balls to choose those subjects. I'd have to question why he took 4 through to A2 if he was struggling for grades, what did his teachers and parents advise him to do there?

GCSE's were fine. He's dropping Chemistry anyway. Looks like Electronic Engineering is hanging by a thread. I'm his Dad Husty! It's probably looked upon as my fault, you know how women are.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
GCSE's were fine. He's dropping Chemistry anyway. Looks like Electronic Engineering is hanging by a thread. I'm his Dad Husty! It's probably looked upon as my fault, you know how women are.

So they are AS levels rather than final A2 levels? It certainly wont do his predictions any favors but it's entirely possible to apply to uni after you have your final grades which could still be a good set of results. There are of course still potentially 2 rounds of retakes for these exams as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here