Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant Advice For Tomorrow - What's this place like...?

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Warung Tujuh.

Need a decent (non-ridiculous-priced) restaurant for pre-BTID theatre meal and wifey found this joint on the net. Indonesian place just over from the pier.

Am from 'out of town' nowadays so not clued in to current choice nosheries.

Not too fussed on exact cuisine though quite fancy an oriental (who wouldn't?! :wink:).

Would the discerning amongst you recommend Warung and / or any other must tries of an Oriental flavour?

Have already tried and loved Sabai but want alternative for variety.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Also what's the name of the Indian effort just along from Font / Bath Arms?

Glass fronted place with recessed entrance.

Is it still there and still recommended?

(Couldn't get a table last time)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Also what's the name of the Indian effort just along from Font / Bath Arms?

Glass fronted place with recessed entrance.

Is it still there and still recommended?

(Couldn't get a table last time)

Nooris or chilli pickle? Both very good in their own way. May see you as we'll be doing something similar.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Cheers for replies, guys. Will check out your suggestions.

Notters, maybe so....think I know what you look like (you were at the forum yesterday, I believe?) so will say hello if I bump into you.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Krua Anne on Kensington Gardens ia a nice little place. BYO too.

Cheers Chappers. Will nose at that too (it was your's and a couple of others' recommendations to someone else about Sabai that led me there for a very pleasant evening once before).

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Cheers for replies, guys. Will check out your suggestions.

Notters, maybe so....think I know what you look like (you were at the forum yesterday, I believe?) so will say hello if I bump into you.
I was! No idea who you are though! By the way I've never heard of that first place you mentioned.

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Thouroughly recommend it, was very impressed, good menu and decent portions, we overordered with additional side dishes, which werent needed.
Have been to Indonesia/Malaysia, and thought the food at Warung Tujah was authentic and very tasty

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
I was! No idea who you are though! By the way I've never heard of that first place you mentioned.

You won't. I'm the master of disguise! :wink: We met once at Rotherham away then again at Havant & Waterlooville a couple of years ago. Your Albion shirt was a little bit of a giveaway!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
You won't. I'm the master of disguise! :wink: We met once at Rotherham away then again at Havant & Waterlooville a couple of years ago. Your Albion shirt was a little bit of a giveaway!

You clearly have a better memory than me! I have now been informed by my girlfriend that Warung Tujuh is actually very good, so we may well go there.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

You clearly have a better memory than me! I have now been informed by my girlfriend that Warung Tujuh is actually very good, so we may well go there.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Trust me, Haddock is an easily forgettable character!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oi Ethel'! No need for that...just because you media-whored your way through last season! (And Number One Son even got his mugshot into a crowd pic on the Albion Ale bottle!).

Notters, we are going to go to Warung almost for def' now so maybe see you there....there's a 20% discount if you book online btw.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Sorry Captain - it was just low hanging fruit that had to be taken.

This season I will be keeping a very low profile (although I will be signing autographs in D1cks Bar at 12.01pm with two of the wedgees for Spurs game).

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Sorry Captain - it was just low hanging fruit that had to be taken.

This season I will be keeping a very low profile (although I will be signing autographs in D1cks Bar at 12.01pm with two of the wedgees for Spurs game).

Keep up! It's 1pm opening now (or are you signing autographs from a table outside? :wink:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Thouroughly recommend it, was very impressed, good menu and decent portions, we overordered with additional side dishes, which werent needed.
Have been to Indonesia/Malaysia, and thought the food at Warung Tujah was authentic and very tasty

Apart from the last sentence as I haven't been to to Indonesia/Malaysia, very much this. Been there twice and thoroughly enjoyed both visits. One tip - try and get a table upstairs as it gets quite cold sat downstairs every time the door opens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here