Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Restaurant 2019 Thread

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Please don't get me started, they behaved appallingly, but we have to suck it up on TA. However, thanks for the nice words and please do say hello if you do come in

Just read that, sounded like a total bunch of chavs and well done for standing your ground.

On my to do list.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I go to Spain every year for inspiration /motivation. I had the best pig cheeks and mash in Salamanca in January
I was in Spain 2 weeks ago and on the menu was pig cheeks, I asked for them and they had run out. I went back two days later hoping for a delivery, alas no pig cheeks. Gutted.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I was in Spain 2 weeks ago and on the menu was pig cheeks, I asked for them and they had run out. I went back two days later hoping for a delivery, alas no pig cheeks. Gutted.

I had them on the 'menu del dia' lunchtime special, it was something like 18 euros for 3 courses and a glass of wine

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Please don't get me started, they behaved appallingly, but we have to suck it up on TA. However, thanks for the nice words and please do say hello if you do come in

Jesus. That party sound horrible and they’ve clearly orchestrated a campaign on Tripadvisor.

“Not to stereotype, but generally it is not in your typical Brit's nature to go to the extent of giving negative feedback (we will normally just put up and leave, never to return), and the fact that there are multiple comments discussing the rudeness of the staff on this page says enough. “ - Multiple comments all from the same group.

I also like the fact they repeatedly claim they didn’t cause issues but.....”as for the smoking it was me ” So one of the adults was smoking then?

Tossers. Absolute tossers. That must have been one horrible evening.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

I'm sure you can get hold of some in England and they're easy enough to cook.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm sure you can get hold of some in England and they're easy enough to cook.

I had BBQed ox cheeks on Saturday. Not much help to the poster but they were very nice.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And if you’re in London I can recommend the smoked pig cheek and prune donut at Black Axe Mangel.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Jesus. That party sound horrible and they’ve clearly orchestrated a campaign on Tripadvisor.

“Not to stereotype, but generally it is not in your typical Brit's nature to go to the extent of giving negative feedback (we will normally just put up and leave, never to return), and the fact that there are multiple comments discussing the rudeness of the staff on this page says enough. “ - Multiple comments all from the same group.

I also like the fact they repeatedly claim they didn’t cause issues but.....”as for the smoking it was me ” So one of the adults was smoking then?

Tossers. Absolute tossers. That must have been one horrible evening.

Yeah, the adults were smoking inside, so there was little chance of the teenagers behaving themselves.
It gets worse. There is a signed Albion shirt from our first season in the Premier league hanging on the wall, which they tried to dismantle. Luckily (for them) I wasn't there, because I would have brained the little ********

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
And if you’re in London I can recommend the smoked pig cheek and prune donut at Black Axe Mangel.

I think I need to try this place.
My view is that donuts are horrendous things (sugar, fat, carbs) and their popularity encapsulates what is wrong with our food culture, but there are always exceptions to rules. This looks like one of them, as does the offerings at (the St John-trained) Justin Gellatly's Bread Ahead.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah, the adults were smoking inside, so there was little chance of the teenagers behaving themselves.
It gets worse. There is a signed Albion shirt from our first season in the Premier league hanging on the wall, which they tried to dismantle. Luckily (for them) I wasn't there, because I would have brained the little ********

Tossers.

I’ve said before running a restaurant must be tough, and that’s without having ***** like these giving you grief.

What’s the situation with Tripadvisor? Can you get this removed?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Tossers.

I’ve said before running a restaurant must be tough, and that’s without having ***** like these giving you grief.

What’s the situation with Tripadvisor? Can you get this removed?

I think that reading the Tripadvisor comments with the adults admitting to smoking in the premises and trying to get the alcohol the teenagers had smuggled in, most normal people would see it's orchestrated and make a fair assessment of the story. (Particularly since it's surrounded by 5 star reviews) :)

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
You'll be very welcome. We've been endorsed by Lewis Dunk no less, who came in last September. He had a burger, which he said was "the b0ll0cks". I think he meant in a good way.

as opposed to the factually correct way ingredients-wise :)

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
Any recommendations for the best pizza in Brighton? Nuposto, VIP, Franco Manca, somewhere else?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Any recommendations for the best pizza in Brighton? Nuposto, VIP, Franco Manca, somewhere else?

VIP was fantastic last time I went but that was almost 2 years ago. Went to Fatto a Mano in the North Laine last summer- outside seating and the base was very good. Bit stingy with the toppings perhaps.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

If you are in Shoreham then the Tides over on the beach - superb for a pizza

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here