Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Restaurant 2018

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Carrot batons with chicken wings seems a little .... well ..... strange.

They come in handy for dredging the last of the blue cheese sauce. This sauce is homemade and has chunks of blue cheese in it, very nice.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just returned from Sergison Arms Haywards Heath with wife The steak we had was excellent and although a large managed company house, Miller & Carter, it was very good VFM and we shall visit again.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just returned from Sergison Arms Haywards Heath with wife The steak we had was excellent and although a large managed company house, Miller & Carter, it was very good VFM and we shall visit again.

M&C can be a bit hit and miss but we’ve found H Heath pretty good [emoji106]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I know the place. As a boozer it was godawful. The staff were utter shite. Have the staff improved?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I last went in there about 18 months ago when it was a Vintage Character Inn and as you say it was awful but since the upgrade it has improved immensely. This is the first time we have visited since the change but must say was very impressed. We had been to the one in Nth Lancing and enjoyed it hence it trying the Sergison.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Crikey I wasn't aware that was now a Miller & Carter, formerly known as the Dolphin I think, on the left coming from me?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I have mixed views if M&C. I've had good and bad at the Lancing one. What really puts me off is that they are really just Harvesters rebranded.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That is the place, between £15 and £25 generally for steak but there are dearer and larger ones. Like everywhere the desserts and drinks push the bill up.

I'm tempted to give Miller & Carter a second chance then. Tried the one at the Black Lion a few months ago and was bitterly disappointed, both with the meal and the service Hopefully the staff at this venue will be more customer focussed and actually want to be there.

Sadly for my bank balance, due to the sorry state of my gnashers, the only cut of beef that I can cope with now is fillet, and only then if it's melts in the mouth. A shame as a good juicy steak is one of life's real culinary pleasures.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
A review I forgot to post a couple of weeks ago. Mrs W and I were slightly delicate on a Sunday morning and really fancied a roast dinner. I'm not the greatest fan of going out for a roast as I can cook a very decent one but in this case I made an exception. We managed to get into Libation. I have to say, it was a cracking dinner. Loads of veg, meat cooked how it should be and lashings of gravy. Washed down with a couple of bottles of Sancerre ..... spot on.

Dave Day's places seem to be getting a rep for decent roasts and it was no different here. To the point that the man himself was eating one while we were there. 9/10.
Tisbury has just taken over the food there. He's a good lad and does great roasts. He's smashing it at the Ladies Mile too.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
A review I forgot to post a couple of weeks ago. Mrs W and I were slightly delicate on a Sunday morning and really fancied a roast dinner. I'm not the greatest fan of going out for a roast as I can cook a very decent one but in this case I made an exception. We managed to get into Libation. I have to say, it was a cracking dinner. Loads of veg, meat cooked how it should be and lashings of gravy. Washed down with a couple of bottles of Sancerre ..... spot on.

Dave Day's places seem to be getting a rep for decent roasts and it was no different here. To the point that the man himself was eating one while we were there. 9/10.

Is that the bloke from Dollar?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

With his minders in tow I presume?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I saw that. My first thought is that when they include corner shops and Poundland ( really ?? ) it somewhat devalues the overall scheme. Also there are a number of places on that list that I've eaten at - one with a kitchen you can actually see - and I have to say, I'm sceptical as to the accuracy of the scoring. The scores certainly won't stop me using the places I've used before that are on the list. I'm more likely to consider Tripadvisor scoring than this system.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
BBQ night IMG_3271.jpgIMG_3273.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here