Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Respect From The North

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Probably on Hull's forum telling them that they're tinpot, not even as old as Brighton let alone the mighty Owls.
I'm bitter, twisted, think we're always unlucky and so on if it makes these bar stewards happy.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Hello pretty pink fairy,

Are you sure it's me that's making you feel sick? Sure it's not just losing..?

I'm going to sod off now, because poor old bitter, twisted Brighton seems to be rearing it's ugly moaning head again.

Yeah, you missed out on automatic through goal difference, yeah you got a man sent off at Borough,
yeah you got 15 more points than Wednesday, yeah yeah yeah blah blah blah...

Thought I'd come on here and compliment you on your team's first half and your fan's noise in the stadium...

Ah well.

If you were anyway near as good as a lot of you seem to think, maybe you could have beaten crap old Wednesday
in the four goes you had at it. Just one win in the league games would have seen you promoted, but you couldn't manage it.

Then you got another go in the playoffs, and oh dear... still couldn't hack it.

To the gracious Argyle fans I offer my regards.

To the poisonous bile filled poor losers, I offer my sympathy.

So your first post was made to look like you were praising us..... when in truth you were waiting just to patronise us..... your true colours emerged by 5 posts.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
I couldn't agree more with the original poster. I'm a Wednesday fan and I'd have thrown in the towel after 20 minutes, I couldn't see a way out alive. It was difficult watching and the hammering we took in the first half, took some of the shine off getting to the final (for me anyway). Could have been 6-2 at half-time, no doubt. Thought Wednesday were better in the second half, but how Westwood didn't get MoM I'll never know. I thought at times on Friday at Hillsborough, it was men against boys- Wednesday played very well, buoyed by the crowd. But in the first half last night, it was men against toddlers. If I was a neutral, I'd say you were robbed... but I wont go that far, as I'm not :)

Collymore said on Talk Sport last night he was glad you got through because 'Shefield is a Premiership City'.It's attitudes like that which wind me up.The bias towards northern teams by the media is overwhelming.We've heard it about Boro,Burnley and now your lot.History is irrelevant.Things move on and change.How refreshing that Leicester won the league.Brighton don't have the history of some teams but so what.What a narrow minded way to think.With attitudes like that how can teams aspire to improve and get up there with the big boys.No teams/town/city has a right to be in the Prem.It has to be earned.History is irrelevant.Today is what matters.Brighton have gone from rags to riches and had we gone up it would have been a great story.Much much greater than Boro,Burnley or your lot going up.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Hello pretty pink fairy,

I'm going to sod off now, because poor old bitter, twisted Brighton seems to be rearing it's ugly moaning head again.

Yeah, you missed out on automatic through goal difference, yeah you got a man sent off at Borough,

Thought I'd come on here and compliment you on your team's first half and your fan's noise in the stadium...

Ah well.

If you were anyway near as good as a lot of you seem to think, maybe you could have beaten crap old Wednesday
in the four goes you had at it. Just one win in the league games would have seen you promoted, but you couldn't manage it.

WOW. That switch flicked rather quickly, doesn't even realise who he is addressing either. You have to laugh. :lolol:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Hello pretty pink fairy,

Ah well.

I'll assume you had one too many when you posted that because otherwise you've well and truly taken the bait from a fishing account and shown your true colours.

MongoJerry

Mar 23, 2013
Nice to hear from some decent Wednesday fans again as far as I'm concerned. I was less impressed by the coach load who decided to dance around our coach, banging on the sides, stamping on Brighton flags, laughing, and making mock "aww, you're crying" faces, complete with rubbing eyes and sticking out bottom lips after the game. Pretty uncalled for in the circumstances, but hey ho, we didn't rise to the bait, as tempting as it was to get off the coach and lamp one for good measure.

There were 2 pissed up SW fans on the 2305 Brighton to London train last night trying to pick a fight with any Brighton fan who looked old enough not to be able to defend/retaliate. Started a few mins before Burgess Hill where I got off but I heard them whispering to each other goading the other to take the first strike on any one around them. Every one just ignored them which i hope continued and hope they didn't take it any further. They certainly weren't giving me a great impression of SW fans but clearly a minority I assume??

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I agree with him entirely, this sentimental bollox is little more than posturing

FWIW I've a long held loathing for your club, the right of entitlement is right up there with the best of them all, Leeds.

I very much hope that Hull do you over and you return to mid table obscurity

Cheers!
Is there any objection to me 'seconding' this sentiment?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Hello Seagulls, another Owl in peace...

That first half your lads served up last night was quite brutal watching for a Wednesdayite.

Fantastic energy matched with brilliant, incisive football... we could easily been harried into complete collapse.

Your players also seem to have a bit of nastiness about them, which is no bad thing in a football team.
(And to be truthful, I wish my team had a little more cynicism when required...).

Obviously, the instruction from Mr.Hughton was to go straight for the jugular and not let Wednesday settle.

Any chance to draw a foul (or something that looked like a foul...) around the box was taken, leading to some v.dangerous set pieces.

Your fans were also magnificent, as they'd also been in the second half at Hillsborough to be fair.

Obviously, at actual matches all the bitter, moaning, "poor unlucky cheated Brighton" lot on here are outnumbered by more positive souls.

Which is good!
'Peace' off you patronising sack of shit. Hope Hull skull**** you in the final.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Owls

May 17, 2016
WOW. That switch flicked rather quickly, doesn't even realise who he is addressing either. You have to laugh. :lolol:

Bird from the North came on here to have a positive chat with you all. Some have been decent in their replies and others not so.

Before last night I looked at Brighton as being a decent club, I had no reason to think differently. Please don't force me to change my mind.

Who's the poster below?? Bet he's the king of the keyboard battles!

"You sir are a bellend with a little northern chip on ya shoulder.

Have fun in the final".

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Had the most entertaining conversation with 4 Sheff wed fans (my company has a huge Sheffield office) and I've known and worked with them for many years and always had good football chats.

They are all season ticket holders and lifelong fans. They were magnanimous but we had some friendly exchanges (they loved the comment about looking liked they'd shipped in the extra fans from an Adele concert)

Then the subject turned to tickets for the final. I believe they've been allocated 38k and all season ticket holders (c18k) will clearly be fine but then someone else joined the meeting, passed a less than complimentary remark about Brighton commenting on diving in the first leg, before good ng on to whinge about tickets which they won't get because 'they could only get to two games this year'

The other four then ripped this bloke a new one, over us, tickets, plastic support etc. I didn't have to say a word.

My point being, it's maybe 25% of Sheff wed fans who are idiots and it's unlikely they will be the ones who are loyal dyed in the wool regulars

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Hello pretty pink fairy,

Ah well.

**** off you attention seeking hipster

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
They certainly weren't giving me a great impression of SW fans but clearly a minority I assume??

Every team in the country has a minority of sad prats who are ungracious in victory or defeat; we've heard from a few of ours on this thread.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Lovely post, and what a fantastic game last night. In the cold light of day still hard to take the way that lady luck really turned against us in the last three games.

One minor point - your team needs more cynicism... REALLY!?? Did you notice Westwood reading a novel before taking his goal kicks? And, that little lump Hooper jumping into our centre halves to win fouls when "challenging" for headers?

We had another referee wimp out Monday night - it was quite clear from the very first goal kick after just a couple of minutes that Westwood was never going to hurry any of his kicks, a quick yellow would have sorted that situation out!

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
We were cheated out of promotion by poor referees and the , compounded by a horrendous run of injuries between November and February, the period when we suffered 4 of our 5 league defeats. The situatio was further compounded by 4 injuries in the playoff first leg. The facts are there for all to see.
We go again next season and we will go up as champions.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Every team in the country has a minority of sad prats who are ungracious in victory or defeat; we've heard from a few of ours on this thread.

one clear winner prat on this thread
why come on here and say

"Yeah, you missed out on automatic through goal difference, yeah you got a man sent off at Borough,

in the four goes you had at it. Just one win in the league games would have seen you promoted, but you couldn't manage it."

i dont get it,why waste time being an idiot on a rival forum,surely there are better ways to spend your time.....modern life,internet rubbish i suppose

bring back morse code

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
one clear winner prat on this thread
why come on here and say

"Yeah, you missed out on automatic through goal difference, yeah you got a man sent off at Borough,

in the four goes you had at it. Just one win in the league games would have seen you promoted, but you couldn't manage it."

i dont get it,why waste time being an idiot on a rival forum,surely there are better ways to spend your time.....modern life,internet rubbish i suppose

bring back morse code

can't remember him, was he one of the Icelandic signings that didn't make it ???

Bird Of The North

May 17, 2016
Sorry to call you "Argyle" yesterday chaps... Ridiculous... must be even more senile than I thought.

Look, your team were awesome on Monday, that's all I came on here to say.

But then all the moaning and whinging got to me, as did being told I had a sense of entitlement.

And I bit. Sorry for that.

Anyway, all the best and good luck for next season.

(Maybe we'll be playing you again...).

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Lovely post, and what a fantastic game last night. In the cold light of day still hard to take the way that lady luck really turned against us in the last three games.

One minor point - your team needs more cynicism... REALLY!?? Did you notice Westwood reading a novel before taking his goal kicks? And, that little lump Hooper jumping into our centre halves to win fouls when "challenging" for headers?

More Cynical ?
you jest surely ,
your side has this in shitloads ! ,
Bannan Wallace lopez , all 5 defenders and then the tree feller fallin all over
they compare with any Leeds team from the 70s !

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Sorry to call you "Argyle" yesterday chaps... Ridiculous... must be even more senile than I thought.

Look, your team were awesome on Monday, that's all I came on here to say.

But then all the moaning and whinging got to me, as did being told I had a sense of entitlement.

And I bit. Sorry for that.

Anyway, all the best and good luck for next season.

(Maybe we'll be playing you again...).

Now you're reeeaaaallllly asking for it! You can't help yourself can you? Piss off!

(I've just realised that we can say piss on here without being censored!! piss, piss, piss, piss! I bet we still can't say **** though.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here