Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

respect for George Aitken

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
RIP George.

As Jimmy Case said "He was invaluable, very encouraging. I was an older player but you still looked up to people like that."

Big Rob

Nov 2, 2005
My Grandparents lived next door to George and his wife in Goldstone lane, He was a lovely bloke who loved the Albion.
Surely we should do something to remember him by???
R I P George:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Keep this thread going is a start. Before my time, but reading what the players of the day have to say about him shows in what high regard he was held and these were quality players who served under the best.

Cheers George, RIP.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
he was not before my time and what a great servant to the albion,they were exiting times.
thanks george.
RIP mate.

dcseagull

Dec 8, 2005
Washington DC
Before my time, but held in high esteem by a lot of people whose opinions I trust. BHA through and through.

RIP.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
a thoroughly decent man and sports lover (a regular at Brighton races). His son can still be seen at most Albion matches.

RIP

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I hope the players wear black armbands on Saturday and we have a proper minute's silence next home game:albion:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Before my time.....but am fairly certain he gave me an autograph once at a raceday.

:bowdown:

Rip:angel:

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
He kept himself in the background but was 100% loyal to the Albion, he will be sadly missed.

RIP George :angel:

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
Big Rob said:
My Grandparents lived next door to George and his wife in Goldstone lane, He was a lovely bloke who loved the Albion.
Surely we should do something to remember him by???
R I P George:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

My nan and Grandad lived next door to him too. Infact the quote from Eric Eggleton in the Argus article is my grandad.

George was a lovely man - kind, generous and very knowledgable. I was lucky enough to join him on some his scouting trips after he'd left the Albion. He was amazingly popular and everyone wanted to talk to him. A true Albion legend............

RIP George.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here