Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Reshuffle news...

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Cleverly as Home Sec, and Cameron as Foreign Sec (once he's confirmed to the Lords) - both now confirmed.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So by bringing back Cameron is this the moment they officially announce they've run out of new talent?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Smart move bringing Cameron back at first sight. Up to the point where he walked away I thought he did a good job. Just a very sensible and honourable man who clearly cares. Didn't like the fact he walked away but understood why he did it. Will make an excellent Foreign Secretary.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Smart move bringing Cameron back at first sight. Up to the point where he walked away I thought he did a good job. Just a very sensible and honourable man who clearly cares. Didn't like the fact he walked away but understood why he did it. Will make an excellent Foreign Secretary.
This.

If nothing else, a very competent appointment and a very obvious move from the Tories at trying to grab some of the middle ground.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
So the man who blithely called a seismic referendum to save his own skin, who was then seen running away following that referendum, has been parachuted into the Lords to save the skin of a Prime Minister who is inarguably only Prime Minister because of a series of f**k ups, controversies and calamities that were a direct consequence of that same referendum?

Great. This is all great.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
up to a certain point the captain of the Titanic was also doing a pretty good job

he walked away after he created an absolutely colossal mess that 7 years later we are still dealing with

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So the man who blithely called a seismic referendum to save his own skin, who was then seen running away following that referendum, has been parachuted into the Lords to save the skin of a Prime Minister who is inarguably only Prime Minister because of a series of f**k ups, controversies and calamities that were a direct consequence of that same referendum?

That all sounds lovely.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
This.

If nothing else, a very competent appointment and a very obvious move from the Tories at trying to grab some of the middle ground.
I assumed he was being sarcastic? Cameron is a f***ing idiot who put the whole country through decades of pain to string out his term in power for as long as possible.

(Also he allegedly a pig)

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
This is going to be like Bobby Ewing and the shower scene in Dallas, where the Conservative Party tries to pretend that everything that happened post Theresa May was just a bad dream, and they’re all perfectly alright really.

Although I’ve noticed that they’re also introducing billions in benefit cuts to force those with mental health issues and those in chronic pain waiting for operations to work while they wait.
I hope the mental health tsunami in this country, which they partly caused with lockdown, and the Gambino family style racket with the production and sale of AD’s, will be two of the factors that removes these callous crooks from government.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
up to a certain point the captain of the Titanic was also doing a pretty good job

he walked away after he created an absolutely colossal mess that 7 years later we are still dealing with
Agreed, but in my view this happens historically whenever there’s a change of government. If everything was always perfect under Labour, they’d still be in government now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Smart move bringing Cameron back at first sight. Up to the point where he walked away I thought he did a good job.
He’s hugely responsible for the total mess the UK is currently in. How on earth can you ignore this and say he did a good job?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Greensill, lest we forget.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It seems I might have been whooshed?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here