Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reserves: Brighton 4 Brentford 1

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
My mate went - said Baz's goal was a screamer. Said Bati impressed and Tano!

Apparently the new kiddy from Spurs looked quite good - played like Navarro so my mate said...

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Do the reserves pay the same style of football as the first team?
ie passing the ball about and patient buildup from the back.

In my opinion they never used to, last night though they played like the first team, especially with Brezovan in goal, they all had the confidence to pass it around the back a lot (minus any booing).

In the second half Gus was sitting at the back of the stand, when Baz picked the ball up outside the box, he shouted something at him in spanish and Baz then scored a wonder goal. I imagine it was something like 'hit the bloody thing into the onion bag'.

We have great depth in the squad right now, Bezovan, Hart and Whing looked back in form, Taricco played some good balls up the line, Batapedi and Torbjorn very hard working and not afraid to be physical. With Smith, Simmonds, Dunk, Matutu and Kazim all looking good for the future.

I think the confidence of the first team permeates right throughout the club.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
I think Baz could be a good player for us, and I'm glad he is getting the odd 20 minutes here and there to shine. Very able deputy if LuaLua does not stay with us past January.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here