[Football] Research project

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Football consumers can watch the premier league every week but not have a team they support, therefore they are not a fan of a club

Thanks I am no expert so the comments are helpful and I will change the wording of this question
You might be better off having the question as an either/or (with your explanation). Because I would hazard a guess that you might get different answers to the rest of the survey from a 'consumer' than you would from a 'fan'.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
You might be better off having the question as an either/or (with your explanation). Because I would hazard a guess that you might get different answers to the rest of the survey from a 'consumer' than you would from a 'fan'.
...and therefore there is the chance that some, or all, of the conclusions you might draw from the survey, would be invalid because they would be based on invalid data.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Done, and the very best of luck with your dissertation.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry but I won't be completing it - when a football survey had phrases like "consumer perception" and "brand management" in it, I immediately turn off - just throw away marketing tosh ( and Mrs WS does actually work in marketing and agrees with me ). A vast majority of fans support a club not because of "consumer perception" or "brand management" - rather that it is the club nearest to where they grew up, that their family supports/supported or they are glory hunters ( see Man City fans ). The one question I will answer is this one :

What do you believe the club you support should invest more resources into? - HALF TIME STRIPPERS ( male, female and non-binary to make it fair )
Or you could have ticked the 'not at all' box :shrug:

If someone asks me what I think about the Tories I'm always happy to tell them :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I didn't say the author did - my point was that the survey is pointless. So lets say "consumer perception" and "brand management" is important in football - if Palace's marketing and brand management were better than BHA's would you switch to watching them ? Of course not. In football - and most team sports - "consumer perception" and "brand management" has no bearing on people using that "brand". Now say supermarkets I'll agree are different - brand loyalty can be bought and sold - not in football generally.
TL-DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports