Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

reporter on BBC South Today......

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
said that one of the managers on Blooms short list has stated that now the stadium is on the way and there are funds at the club he would be very interested in managing Brighton......i wonder who it is???

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
said that one of the managers on Blooms short list has stated that now the stadium is on the way and there are funds at the club he would be very interested in managing Brighton......i wonder who it is???

possibly coppell, im sure i read somewhere that wise was still being paid at newcastle and that curbishley cannot do anything until his compo case is sorted, if that is true coppell would appear the likely one.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Actually it was BBC SOUTH-EAST who reported that. I watched both SOUTH & SE (and they both had good detailed reports, but SE shaded it - any they had this "scoop")

Detail is everything when we're hanging off every mere morsel :p:thumbsup:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Doesn't sound like Coppell. I think he's far too diplomatic to make a comment like that to a reporter.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
can't we merge this with the other one? ???

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkypie
Apparently One of the candates has been quoted saying, " you'ed have to be intrested in the job, What with the new ground and a few quid to spend" My opinon but i reckon that could be curbs, The sport on there is always about charlton, Gillingham And the albion, The evening sports report was from brigton sea front and the way the reporter came Across was if he had spoken to the Person face to face!!!

i think it was meridian who showed pictures of the candidates with curbishley the last one, but the picture of him seemed to linger for a while. maybe a sign, i bloody hope so!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Bloody hell its COPPEL!!!! :clap2:

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Nobody actually knows what names are contained on TB's shortlist, or how long it is... So BBC SE are assuming whoever they're talking to is on the shortlist.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th

Who the f*** has said that 'there are funds' to spend on more players?!!

Certainly not Tony Bloom - therefore pure guesswork from our local TV station IMHO!!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
where did you hear that ?

On the other thread, just as I did my previous post on here.

Don't blame me, Barry Izbak started it :)

For the record, so long as it isn't Wise I don't really have a first choice. I'd still rather we had Slade and not a merry go round.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
peter taylor, he said it after we played wycombe

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Nobody actually knows what names are contained on TB's shortlist, or how long it is... So BBC SE are assuming whoever they're talking to is on the shortlist.

So are you saying that TB does have a "shortlist" already...? To know there is a "shortlist" suggests you may also know who's on it.

Go on.....tell us......nobody here will say a word.......honest.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Awwwwww, come on Mr I - you can tell me what you know. It's not like anybody on here's gonna see it, is it? :wink:

ps Could you tell Tony (just in passing like) that The Nasty 5-Footer would be about as popular with most of us supporters (probably) as, errrr, something that's really unpopular if he was stuck in the Albion hot-seat. Many thanks Mr Insider, you're the best!! x x

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
I'm afraid I don't know who's on the shortlist, but having spoken at length with TB today (interview to be aired on Seagulls Player tomorrow) I am not expecting to see Dennis Wise appointed. His criteria suggests that it will be a manager or coach, with a fair amount of experience and an impressive CV, and it won't be an appointment from within.

It's very likely (almost certain) Hinsh, Steve and Charlie will be in charge this weekend, and possibly into next week and even beyond, as TB wants to make sure he gets the best possible candidate.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's very likely (almost certain) Hinsh, Steve Coppell and Charlie will be in charge this weekend, and possibly into next week and even beyond, as TB wants to make sure he gets the best possible candidate.

You heard it here first pop pickers!

:falmer::falmer:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here