Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Replica Watches - yay nor nay?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You don't have to buy a 'fake' Monaco i.e. badged up with 'Tag Heuer' or, even a classic 'Heuer' (before Tag bought them) you could buy a homage.

A homage will be styled after an original, up-market, likely Swiss-made watch, but won't carry the brand name.

For example, this homage - TZ-UK View topic - FS: Tao International Power reserve - is based on the very, very nice Panerai (Google them if you've not heard of them) watches that would cost thousands.

Another tip if you want a nice watch: don't buy new. There is a massive premium in the retail price of a lot of watches, going somewhere like TZ-UK will enable you to buy a mint example, used, from another WIS (watch enthusiast) in confidence, and likely save a lot of money on the High Street price, eg...

TZ-UK View topic - FSOT Tag Heuer Monaco Reduced** £1295**

TZ-UK View topic - FS Heuer Monaco Limited Edition CS2110 REDUCED to £ 1300

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Attachments

• spacer.gif
    spacer.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 187
Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If you wore a real Rolex i would think it is probably a fake anyway

This.

Rolex is soooooo passe dahling....

Real or not , you are a wannabee......

Phillipe Patek, Breitling, Tag Heur, Tissot say so much more about you.

Mind you, I am from the gayest part of the world here in deepest Hove!:smokin:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
last try.

Attachments

• 4113fMmSmbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    4113fMmSmbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 179

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I went and bought myself a TAG in the summer always wanted one, well worth it in my opinion, yes there are alot of replicas about but i like knowing the fact mine is real and it will hopefully last for years. As they say you get what you pay for.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I love really old fashioned watches. Buy a real one but one you can afford. You'll always know a fake and it just feels dirty. Get a budget and find a nice one you like!

POB76

Mar 28, 2004
Hove
I work for a company selling used Rolex Watches to Trade and Retail would never recommend anyone buy a fake immotaiation watch

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This.

I thInk you mean patek philippe !!

This.

Well I have an old Rolex that I wear and looks good, the girlfriend bought me a gold Tissot PRS200 it looks like an Essex pikeys watch.

Andy of Didim

Didim Seagull
Mar 29, 2010
Altinkum Turkey
Hi Well the shops are full of Fake watches out here in Altinkum as anybody know whos been here would know they range from about £10 - £25 each they sell all of the top brands Rolex,Cartier,Tag Heur, Tissot, D&G

But yes they are fakes and you cant beat the real thing the only thing for me is they all break and the loss is not so bad when you have only paid a £10 over the years i have lost or broke so many good expensive watches that i only buy a cheap one now

1) Damaged my best watches while working with some powerful magnets used for gas pipeline inspection
2) Lost one in a boating lake when another boat was going to hit us put my arm out to stop it and push it off strap went and fell overboard
3) Doing a quick welding job as a favour and got weld splatter all over the glass face
4) washing my hands at Disney took it off got distracted and walked out without it

And theres a couple more

Last edited:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Bought a genuine Rolex off a market trader in Portugal last year, but the batteries only last a few weeks at best, not impressed.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Check out the jewellers in churchill square, near habitat, I got my tag there, they did 3 year 0% finance on it (£1200)

Think £2500 is a bit much for a watch though....!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Very nice Frutos.
You can add me to your annoyance list, if your next purchase, is this one.

Attachments

• 31DEEFm17GL.jpg
    31DEEFm17GL.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 84

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here