Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Replica shirts allowed for final home games 1901 goers

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Because you are going to the football and not a wedding?

I renew my Albion marriage vows every time I enter the AMEX :smile:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Haha. Fair enough. But why can't people just be allowed to wear what they want? Isn't a dress code a form of manipulation?

I hear you, but I'm probably the wrong person to discuss this with. If I'm given any option to dress up I tend to take it. I quite like dressing up and going out.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Personally think the dress code in1901 is total nonsense. And banning replica shirts is the biggest nonsense of them all.

I haven't worn a replica shirt to a match for a long time because middle aged men generally look rubbish in them but I have just ordered the 78 replica shirt which will do me fine.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The club have confirmed for hopefully ! the last 2 home games of the season.

I've always thought walking around with a replica team shirt on a bit silly at my age ( late 30's ) but think I'll buy one just for the next couple of games,

Are you ready H lounge ?

Hopefully they have some for your sake. Have been told no black shirts (other than small) available till next season.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Agree that middle aged men should not wear football shirts (certainly not full kit Reading fan last season) but have been wearing my retro 70's stripes to home games (cotton not plastic) for the last 2 seasons and have managed to get over the shame. I am 56!
Went to meet daughter in Brighton on Sunday, and after the momentous results of Saturday almost wore my stripes thinking the town would be thick with them. Fortunately I didn't. I only saw a couple of kids in stripes and would have hideously embarrassed my daughter.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Might see if I can dig one out

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Terrible idea...you need to keep up appearances!

Get back to your cardigans and quiet demeanour.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
If I were rich enough to be a 1901 elite I would wear what I damn well liked.

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

Then sir you would have paid a lot of money for your 1901 ticket without the ability to enter the lounge or watch the match. Regularly supporters are turned away due to not meeting the dress code I'm interested to know why you would be treated any differently

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I don't wear colours to a match. Only for playing football in.. 1901 has stupid rules - shoes but no collar. I didn't realise no football shirts was another - at a football match Ffs!

Dress code:
1901 members are reminded of the dress code for the 1901 Club is smart business attire
Clothing ; Men must wear a collared shirt or polo shirt, smart jeans may be worn, polo neck sweaters and turtle necks are not permitted. (Under 14’s may wear home replica shirts)
Footwear; shoes, smart boots, trainers and canvas shoes are permitted, flip flops are not permitted.
Hospitality guests dining in HB's Restaurant will still be required to wear shoes;*trainers will not be permitted in dining areas.
Those not wearing suitable dress will be relocated in to a general admission seating area without lounge access (subject to availability and proof of identity, a reprint charge of £5 per seat applies).
We also remind all members to ensure that any guests attending matches are also aware of these restrictions to avoid any embarrassment on the day.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Were it me, I would play it respectably safe and sport a tailored blazer - accessorised with a club tie and an Albion scarf, as opposed to the items shown...

3d8a7b7a879f9a326b1e5bf5507b5c9c.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here