Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Replay live on ITV4 [Confirmed]

The argument to do away with FA Cup replays is highlighted by situations like this. The FA may well have to consider this at some stage.
Could not agree less. The FA Cup used to be all about replays - sometimes two or even three in a week. Penalty shoot-outs devalue the competition. Only one tie has ever gone to a fifth replay, but if it takes eleven hours of football to settle a result, so be it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Could not agree less. The FA Cup used to be all about replays - sometimes two or even three in a week. Penalty shoot-outs devalue the competition. Only one tie has ever gone to a fifth replay, but if it takes eleven hours of football to settle a result, so be it.

I think that back then, supporters used to pay more attention to the cups anyway. You didn't get the dip in attendances for Cup games like you do now. That, and tickets are so expensive now that half the crowd would simply say they won't bother forking out for third, fourth, fifth replays.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
DS squad due to play at Lancing v Brizzle City on Mon 24th. how will this work out , will the DS game be cancelled?

Probably.

Why would the DS game be cancelled? The Hull game yesterday didn't stop the DS also playing at Millwall (although you could be forgiven for not knowing about it, seeing as the club have completely failed to give any mention of it whatsoever).

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
last night after 90mins they should have played "next goal wins."

can't see us winning up there with the ressies.

played well last night tho.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If UEFA actually have pathetic rules in place stating that clubs not involved in the Champions League can nonetheless not play important games on Champions League nights, then presumably there must be some sort of penalty in place for when an association or clubs violate that.

What are they going to do, ban us from Europe?

You joke about it, but assuming a top 4 side contests the Cup final, we're just three wins from playing in Europe next season :wink:

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Having the replay on Monday is a bit of a joke tbh. Earlier this year, Nottm Forest played Watford, live on tv, on a Thursday, which delayed Watford' s home game against us until the Sunday. If two days was too short a gap then, why isn't it too short a gap now?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
last night after 90mins they should have played "next goal wins."

That wasn't very popular when they tried it in a cup competition one season when we were at Withdean.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Having the replay on Monday is a bit of a joke tbh. Earlier this year, Nottm Forest played Watford, live on tv, on a Thursday, which delayed Watford' s home game against us until the Sunday. If two days was too short a gap then, why isn't it too short a gap now?

Probably because Thursday evening to Saturday afternoon would have meant 2 games in less than 48 hours I suppose.

hillbilly

In the hill, not over it!
Sep 1, 2008
Burgess Hill
Looking on my Sky planner, no channel is showing the replay at the moment.
BT Sport 1 has Napoli v Genoa. I am sure ITV4 will be happy to show the game instead of Cheers & Storage Wars!
If Arsenal v Liverpool had gone to a replay, that may have had a chance to be on ITV1, but not us v Hull.
The FA website normally adds the broadcaster if the game is to be shown http://www.thefa.com/thefacup/fixtures

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Channel should be announced later today, replay games from each round are usually shown anyway.

Also, TV picks for the quarter final should be later in the week too.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Channel should be announced later today, replay games from each round are usually shown anyway.

Also, TV picks for the quarter final should be later in the week too.

My money is on ITV4 , the only uncertainty is not knowing if BT has the first pick option for 5th round replays.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If it is played on the Monday it will completely devalue it as a contest, and by extension the FA Cup itself. Why can't it be played on a Champions League night, neither us or Hull are in that competition? I'm really angry about this, football has really lost its way if this is the case. TV cannot dictate to this extent surely?

Eight ties played over three days. Our tie and one other (scheduled, not enforced by postponement) played AFTER the draw for the next round has even been made!

And there you have, summed up in two sentences, the extent of tv influence on football and the joke that the FA Cup has become.

Which reminds me, when was the F.A Cup Final played last season? :nono: J O K E C O M P E T I T I O N now.

Oscar was absolutely spot on to go with squad rotation last night I reckon.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Not allowed to play FA Cup on Champions League nights

Don't think that's quite right.

It's top flight teams aren't allowed to play on the same night as CL.
So it's all Hull's fault.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
My money is on ITV4 , the only uncertainty is not knowing if BT has the first pick option for 5th round replays.

ITV4 is the most likely - they got first pick in the last round of replays too.

With this UEFA rule, it's also worth pointing out that Peterborough vs Swindon had to be played last night because of the stupid rules (possibly so it could be televised too).

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Attachments

• itv4.JPG
    itv4.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 632

D

Deleted member 22389

Can't complain. More money for the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here