Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Replacements for Lallana?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
In terms of next season, it would be fantastic to get an experienced play maker in to replace Lallana if he is forced to retire through injury.

I think it’s time to give Lionel Messi his crack at the Premier League. The opportunity to work closely with Mac Allister (who would surely stay) and to mentor young Buonanotte could be a big draw alongside side the lack of pressure from entitled Big Six fans. In terms of salary, I’m sure we could break our structure in a one off situation where by he’d get huge bonuses to do with shirt sales, marketing etc.

We’d better act quickly though, Inter Miami and Newell’s Old Boys are circling!

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I am sure all our Albion mojo meters would be off the scale! Would be the most incredible PL signing ever. Perchance to dream...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I actually think that Caicedo and Mac Allister would stay for another season if this happened. How much would that be worth to the club? A midfield triangle of Mac, Messi and Caicedo makes a proper crack at the top 4 almost realistic!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I actually think that Caicedo and Mac Allister would stay for another season if this happened. How much would that be worth to the club? A midfield triangle of Mac, Messi and Caicedo makes a proper crack at the top 4 almost realistic!
Top 4? Top of the pile altogether.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
In terms of next season, it would be fantastic to get an experienced play maker in to replace Lallana if he is forced to retire through injury.

I think it’s time to give Lionel Messi his crack at the Premier League. The opportunity to work closely with Mac Allister (who would surely stay) and to mentor young Buonanotte could be a big draw alongside side the lack of pressure from entitled Big Six fans. In terms of salary, I’m sure we could break our structure in a one off situation where by he’d get huge bonuses to do with shirt sales, marketing etc.

We’d better act quickly though, Inter Miami and Newell’s Old Boys are circling!

Maybe he would be slightly out of our pay structure - only slightly mind you . If we wait until he’s 45 , we will have more chance !

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The equivalent of a Championship club signing Champions League star Vicente?
Except that unlike Vicente, Messi is not an semi-injured rain-shy, wind-shy weasel.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No need to break the wage structure - just pay him (quite) a few £millions to sign. Won't happen, of course. He could, I'm sure, have a happy and successful year with us - I just don't think top footballers' minds work that way though. His mindset, I suspect, will only encompass major, major clubs - that, or going back to semi-retirement back home in Argentina.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I would think that when his wife takes a look at the shopping joys of North Street and Western Road she would be twisting his arm to sign for us, esp with Crawley just up the road

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
We all scoffed when BG started a thread suggesting we could sign Adam Lallana when he became a free agent. The question is who do we sign in 3 years time to replace Messi?

el punal

No need to break the wage structure - just pay him (quite) a few £millions to sign. Won't happen, of course. He could, I'm sure, have a happy and successful year with us - I just don't think top footballers' minds work that way though. His mindset, I suspect, will only encompass major, major clubs - that, or going back to semi-retirement back home in Argentina.
Nice thought, but wouldn’t we be in Man Utd/Ronaldo territory with this one? Smashing bloke that Messi is, unlike CR7, it could upset the apple cart with him being pandered to both on and off the pitch. Cue team morale dissipating to be replaced by resentment?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here