Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rep. of Ireland v Sweden

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I did the same on Northern Ireland, didn't work

Whereas I wish I'd had the courage of my convictions there and done the Poland to win to nil. I didn't though, annoyingly.

Also do you think the group of death helps or hinders 0-0 results
Well I don't think it's having much effect on this one. Both sides are looking for the result, but you're asking for two well organised defences to concede from a mistake, unless Zlatan produces a moment of genius or something.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Swedish player goes down injured on 42nd minute play doesn't get going again till 45th min, 1 minute of injury time, how's that work then( pisses you off when you need a first half goal for a bet)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
International football is getting bloody worse and more like league 1 standards at times....Christ where is all the talent?

Boring with a lack of goals

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What a ****ing beauty!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Super strike

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The Aston Villa defender has got football pie all over his shirt................................

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I'm really hoping Sweden win!! My wife is Irish, and I love her and her family for lots of reasons. However, their desire for England to lose in any sporting event, has made me equally blinkered where ROI are concerned!!
Have to go there for a wedding in a few weeks and just hope we have had a better tournament than them!!!

Bloody boghoppers!
Toothless simpletons and men with eyebrows on their cheeks.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Delighted that Sweden managed to equalize. It would have been unbearable with the BBC's and ITV's Irish love in had they won. Bara bra och tack Sverige or something like that.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Years ago, an Irish woman I corresponded with in a work context told me that during an England V Portugal game, she went into a bar and it was full of locals wearing Portugal shirts. I have travelled a lot and lived abroad, yet I still find it strage how much the English are hated in a sporting context. By some (it would be foolish to assume it applies across the board, vide the comments on another thread about the French, and when I go to Germany I get enormous lots of love, albeit my contacts are all academics). My conclusion is 'its complicated'. We live in a very nuanced time, unsurprisingly as we are very nuanced creatures. Take all the spats on NSC . . . . given time they usually end up with a handshake and a sense that we share far more in commen than we digress. Personally I was rooting moderately for the ROI, but not especially bothered. Apologies for navel gazing on this 'teletext update' thread :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here