Rent a Quote running out of excuses........

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paddy Finucane

WW2 Hero
Jul 26, 2004
Redhill
At long last the penny is dropping ..... This Myth that Poyet is a god who has his teams playing crisp attacking football is being shown up for what it is....utter tosh.... Lets pass it ever so slowly across the back thus improving our possession stats , lets never break quickly a la Watford, lets take 3 passes where 1 would suffice, let's not shoot, ever.....lets get Bruno to the premier league ( so he can be embarrassed even more) The list goes on and on.
But don't worry Gus it's never your fault spending all that money on players that don't fit the system you play, playing them out of position etc - cant wait for your next comment on Chelsea or the premier league cause it will be the closest you get to it with BHA.... 3 wins in 17 .... anyone else would be long gone.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
At long last the penny is dropping ..... This Myth that Poyet is a god who has his teams playing crisp attacking football is being shown up for what it is....utter tosh.... Lets pass it ever so slowly across the back thus improving our possession stats , lets never break quickly a la Watford, lets take 3 passes where 1 would suffice, let's not shoot, ever.....lets get Bruno to the premier league ( so he can be embarrassed even more) The list goes on and on.
But don't worry Gus it's never your fault spending all that money on players that don't fit the system you play, playing them out of position etc - cant wait for your next comment on Chelsea or the premier league cause it will be the closest you get to it with BHA.... 3 wins in 17 .... anyone else would be long gone.

Lets not forget it's not Gus's fault and he will simply go home if the fans don't like (whilst trying to whore himself out to every available managers position or news interview at the same time)

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Today is was 50/50 possession. However, I do feel they had more of it and especially what they did of it. Some of their moves were delightful and they were playing the same way we do, with one added bonus. They used the counter attack to full effect.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
And one other major difference, they had guts.

We are not playing for Poyet, something is broken.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'm starting to think it's simply a case of we have too many players who are being used in roles that don't suit them.

When CMS arrived I thought great, a forward who loves to get onto long balls behind the defenders and do them with his speed. How often does he actually get the opportunity to do this?

When Crofts arrived I thought great, a midfielder who loves to get forward and score goals from the middle of the park. How often does he actually get the opportunity to do this?

When Hammond arrived I thought great, a midfielder who loves to get forward and score goals from the middle of the park and gives us that heading option we lack in the box. How often does he actually get the opportunity to do this?

Until we modify our game those players like the ones mentioned strengths are wasted in the team.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Pretty much sums it up for me at the moment..........

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I despair with the 5 across the middle and a 5' 8" target man. Slow, one-paced and predictable.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Some absolute bellends on here.... Lets sack Poyet and get Curbishley or Glen Roeder in and see how bad it can get.

Some on here should go back to "supporting" Man Utd or Arsenal, or where ever they came from.

Luckily Tony Bloom won't make rash decisions

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports