Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rene Meulensteen

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I notice the Mail article says "managerial vacancy at Brighton" so, is that it? Has Gus gone for certain then?

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369810684.076618.jpg

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
I've no doubt that Tony will already have a wishlist drawn up, but there's no way he could talk to any potential candidate at the moment, as it would affect the outcome of the investigation.
If Tony were interviewing/showing anyone round the stadium, Gus would have a field day with a case of constructive dismissal. It would imply that Bloom had already decided on the outcome of the investigation, thus proving that there could not have been a fair investigation. Gus would walk away with a hefty sum in compensation, and I can't see Bloom letting that happen. He'd have been better off shredding Gus' contract, rather than dragging the clubs name through the mud.

My guess would be no news until there is a result in the investigation, after which we'll know as much of the detail as we do now (sod all), and we'll all go our separate ways and move on, as is football.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I've no doubt that Tony will already have a wishlist drawn up, but there's no way he could talk to any potential candidate at the moment, as it would affect the outcome of the investigation.
If Tony were interviewing/showing anyone round the stadium, Gus would have a field day with a case of constructive dismissal. It would imply that Bloom had already decided on the outcome of the investigation, thus proving that there could not have been a fair investigation. Gus would walk away with a hefty sum in compensation, and I can't see Bloom letting that happen. He'd have been better off shredding Gus' contract, rather than dragging the clubs name through the mud.

My guess would be no news until there is a result in the investigation, after which we'll know as much of the detail as we do now (sod all), and we'll all go our separate ways and move on, as is football.

That post is full of speculation.

If Bloom wanted to show any one round the Amex, whether it be a new manager, player or Bob the Builder there would be no reason why he could not and there's nothing Poyet or his Solicitors could do to prevent it.

Legally, there is also nothing stopping Bloom or any representative of the Brighton & Hove Albion holding meetings with potential players, managers, assistants or coaches whilst a current employee in the similar role has been appointed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here