Remi Garde

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I am looking forward to French day already. We can all wear striped tee shirts and berets.

Remi, pictured with the new look Gully's Girls:

Waitresses.jpg

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I am backing Remi for the job.

He was born in L'Arbresle, the birth place of the famous French composer, Claude Terrasse. Claude's brother-in-law was the avant garde artist Pierre Bannard, a great friend of painter Henri Toulouse-Lautrec, who in turn was friends with Oscar Wilde, and we know he loved Brighton and Brighton loved him.

It's a great match.

He was born in the same place as Claude Terrasse swings it for me. Terrasse sounds like Terrace. His footballing credentials are therefore undeniable.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
http://frenchfootballweekly.com/2013/04/28/olympique-lyonnais-the-tactical-debrief/

Not totally sure what to make of this otherwise excellent article, as there seems to be a lack of focus on the attacking strength of Lyon in it. They have scored a lot of goals, but his preferred formation seems to be a 'Poyet-esque' 4-1-4-1 which would suit us, but may cause a lot of angst among some fans...

1st choice 11 would seem to start to look like:

GK
Bruno - Greer - Dunk - ?
Nzuzi
Buckley - Stephens - Crofts/JFC - Kaz
Ulloa/CMS

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
http://frenchfootballweekly.com/2013/04/28/olympique-lyonnais-the-tactical-debrief/

Not totally sure what to make of this otherwise excellent article, as there seems to be a lack of focus on the attacking strength of Lyon in it. They have scored a lot of goals, but his preferred formation seems to be a 'Poyet-esque' 4-1-4-1 which would suit us, but may cause a lot of angst among some fans...

GK
Bruno - Greer - Dunk - ?
Nzuzi
Ulloa/CMS

Bruno hasn't signed yet, has he ???

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

I spent 20 mins reading up on Lyon under Garde yesterday and it seems he has no set formation, playing 5 different systems last season. He likes 2 defensive midfielders away, he likes to use a midfield diamond at home. He seems more flexible than, say, Oscar who has always championed 4-3-3 with one main striker and two men wide. However, I didn't read anything about playing a 2-striker partnership.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Would be a huge gamble - but I would be pleased with this. I'm sure he has some great contacts and he must be a quality coach to get the Lyon job, even if it didn't work out there as boss.

We've taken gambles for the past 2 managers and it has worked quite well, I'd be chuffed if we got him. It's not just the contacts that I like, it's his history on using youth and fast attacking football. I liked OG, but it wasn't meant to be. Now to stop the Spanish influence and start the French project.

Viva La France, allez Brighton!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Probably the wrong thing to say right now, but in my book France is a place you drive through on the way to somewhere else...

Nothing to do with wrong or right, just utterly irrelevant as far as this thread goes.

We're looking for a manager, not a holiday destination.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I met Ralph Brown in the Withdean directors portacabins, so he knows someone . . . .

Yes...

Richard E. Grant, Paul McGann, and Richard Griffiths.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes...

Richard E. Grant, Paul McGann, and Richard Griffiths.

Richard Griffiths is dead. Amazed your sources hadn't told you that.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

GK
Bruno - Greer - Dunk - ?
Nzuzi
Ulloa/CMS

Nzuzi played for Grasshoppers against Remi Garde's Lyon side in 2013.

Garde has clearly sanctioned the Nzuzi signing on this performance.

Garde it is !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Probably the wrong thing to say right now, but in my book France is a place you cycle through on the way to somewhere else...
Edited for accuracy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here