Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remi Garde

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Is the main criteria for the job, that you must have no working experience of the championship??? But if you done ok in a foreign league your in with a great shout.....Strange way to go about trying to get a club promoted, from the most competitive league in Europe if not the World.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Is the main criteria for the job, that you must have no working experience of the championship??? But if you done ok in a foreign league your in with a great shout.....Strange way to go about trying to get a club promoted, from the most competitive league in Europe if not the World.

I really don't get this 'Experience in the championship twaddle' !
Managers who have lots of experience working in the Championship... usually means they aren't good enough to work at a higher level!
We must get the right man for the Job with the requirements that our chairman wants for Style of play, promotion of youth policy and being able to work on tight budget.
Generally speaking 'Managers with Championship experince' have only ever had succes when they have also had lots of budget thrown their way (Warnock at QPR / Mackay at Cardiff)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I really don't get this 'Experience in the championship twaddle' !
Managers who have lots of experience working in the Championship... usually means they aren't good enough to work at a higher level!
We must get the right man for the Job with the requirements that our chairman wants for Style of play, promotion of youth policy and being able to work on tight budget.
Generally speaking 'Managers with Championship experince' have only ever had succes when they have also had lots of budget thrown their way (Warnock at QPR / Mackay at Cardiff)

Of the three sides promoted in the 2012/13 season two managers "who know the championship" didn't see out this season. Cardiff went down and Palace would have but for Wurzel sacking himself. I'd ideally like the next guy to be like Poyet in that he will stay for a number of years and improve the club with every passing one of those years. Perhaps without the arrogance and general hysterics though and definitely willing to play two strikers when needed.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Of the three sides promoted in the 2012/13 season two managers "who know the championship" didn't see out this season. Cardiff went down and Palace would have but for Wurzel sacking himself. I'd ideally like the next guy to be like Poyet in that he will stay for a number of years and improve the club with every passing one of those years. Perhaps without the arrogance and general hysterics though and definitely willing to play two strikers when needed.

Yes indeed - I'm still happy to progress in the right direction under the right managment rather than look at an Allardyce type appointment who is only designed to ''get the job done''
I just want someone or something to (in football terms) fall in love with again....

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Much prefer Remi over the likes of Hughton etc.

Sherwood or Remi please.

Anything but a dull appointment.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am backing Remi for the job.

He was born in L'Arbresle, the birth place of the famous French composer, Claude Terrasse. Claude's brother-in-law was the avant garde artist Pierre Bannard, a great friend of painter Henri Toulouse-Lautrec, who in turn was friends with Oscar Wilde, and we know he loved Brighton and Brighton loved him.

It's a great match.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I am backing Remi for the job.

He was born in L'Arbresle, the birth place of the famous French composer, Claude Terrasse. Claude's brother-in-law was the avant garde artist Pierre Bannard, a great friend of painter Henri Toulouse-Lautrec, who in turn was friends with Oscar Wilde, and we know he loved Brighton and Brighton loved him.

It's a great match.

I am thinking straws here :lolol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here