Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remi Garde

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There's only one French Remy I care about...

ratatouille_remy_01.jpg

Back at you, Rem! :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Actually Neville on the sports programme seems very knowledgable with his synopsis on the game.

I agree. On playing basis alone- and there's not a lot else to judge either on at the current time- he's got a far higher pedigree than Tim Sherwood, for example.

Seagull Crow

Sep 3, 2012
The Independent ran a profile piece on him a couple of years ago. His management pedigree is pretty good and would seem to appeal to Bloom and the board:

"Garde, who was on the coaching staff [at Lyon] for several title-winning years but more recently was running the academy, stepped up with a brief to slash the budget, mainly by shifting non-performing “stars” and promoting youth."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...to-succeed-old-boss-arsne-wenger-8418346.html

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Phil Neville may look gormless, but everyone at Everton loved him. They especially liked the way he refused to see his move to Goodison as any sort of step down from the Red Filth, and batted away any questions about them at his first press conference by insisting that he only wanted to talk about Everton. He went on to be a good captain, and I remember him talking to the media on the pitch after a Uefa Cup win in Kharkiv, chatting away about what a great result it was for the club when he must have wanted desperately to get out of the freezing cold.

He'd be a way down my list, but I wouldn't complain in the unlikely event that he got the job.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The Independent ran a profile piece on him a couple of years ago. His management pedigree is pretty good and would seem to appeal to Bloom and the board:

"Garde, who was on the coaching staff [at Lyon] for several title-winning years but more recently was running the academy, stepped up with a brief to slash the budget, mainly by shifting non-performing “stars” and promoting youth."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...to-succeed-old-boss-arsne-wenger-8418346.html

That quote has Bloom written all over it. However, current coach of OL coming here? Really? Not exactly Macaabi Tel Aviv are they?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
That quote has Bloom written all over it. However, current coach of OL coming here? Really? Not exactly Macaabi Tel Aviv are they?

It would be an amazing appointment if Bloom could pull it off. Interesting that Garde resigned recently for personal reasons much in the same way that Garcia did 12 months ago. Philosophy of bringing youth through. Looking at some Youtube footage, Lyon played with a lot of pace.

seafordtillidie

May 26, 2011
Remi Garde was a player at Arsenal and did some scouting for them when he had to retire through injury. He will have picked up plenty from his time under Arsene Wenger so if its football you want he could be a perfect fit.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Phil Neville may look gormless, but everyone at Everton loved him. They especially liked the way he refused to see his move to Goodison as any sort of step down from the Red Filth, and batted away any questions about them at his first press conference by insisting that he only wanted to talk about Everton. He went on to be a good captain, and I remember him talking to the media on the pitch after a Uefa Cup win in Kharkiv, chatting away about what a great result it was for the club when he must have wanted desperately to get out of the freezing cold.

He'd be a way down my list, but I wouldn't complain in the unlikely event that he got the job.

Pretty much this. I wouldn't have put him on my own personal shortlist, but he has enough knowledge and connections to make a go of it, should that be the boards choice.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Quite.

I refuse to slate the bloke simply because he played for United, which seems to be the unspoken rationale behind a lot of folks' opinion of him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here