Remf V Nsc 2?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have an idea. A bloody marvellous idea.

Remember when you played kids football and you had six a side tournaments in the summer holidays? I used to play in one at Waterhall. I think it was set up by Bevendean Barcelona.

A couple of small grass pitches side by side, and you'd spend all day there with a cooler full of food and drink, and play half a dozen games, ten minutes each way.

I was thinking that maybe if Waterhall or anywhere has been set up with the mini pitches, we could hire one or two and lay something on. Reading through this thread it looks like getting 6 or 7 six a side teams looks feasible. I know there is overlap between these sides, but REMF, crocs, lizards, NSC (donny), etc. Maybe even CP could bring down a few of their REMF side.

I'm not thinking of a full blown REMF event but there would be plenty to be made selling drinks, raffle tickets, etc.

Well I think its a brilliant idea. Feel free to disagree!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
The question is Hans, who will organise it?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Brilliant idea - now the football seasons finished, that's a perfect way to kill a Saturday.

:)

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
hans kraay fan club said:
I have an idea. A bloody marvellous idea.

Remember when you played kids football and you had six a side tournaments in the summer holidays? I used to play in one at Waterhall. I think it was set up by Bevendean Barcelona.

A couple of small grass pitches side by side, and you'd spend all day there with a cooler full of food and drink, and play half a dozen games, ten minutes each way.

I was thinking that maybe if Waterhall or anywhere has been set up with the mini pitches, we could hire one or two and lay something on. Reading through this thread it looks like getting 6 or 7 six a side teams looks feasible. I know there is overlap between these sides, but REMF, crocs, lizards, NSC (donny), etc. Maybe even CP could bring down a few of their REMF side.

I'm not thinking of a full blown REMF event but there would be plenty to be made selling drinks, raffle tickets, etc.

Well I think its a brilliant idea. Feel free to disagree!

Marvellous Idea. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'd join in with that if required by one of the teams.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
6-A-SIDE DAY

Organisation shouldn't be that hard. I'm happy to do half of it, but being in Southampton, I'd need someone Brighton based to help.

First thing is to find out from the council, when a suitable ground would be available and what it would cost. I will try to find time to ring them from work tomorrow. If anyone knows the number to save me looking it up, please post it here.

Its a long shot, but I think that the perfect date would be Sunday 29th - the day after the Mayo testimonial, when a lot of exiles, like myself will be in town anyway.

Next is to have a think about how many teams we can raise, so we can work out the price each team will need to stump up, and to think about the format.

Teams would be 6-a-side on the pitch, but squads of up to nine, with rolling subs.

If we have six teams, they should all play each other - its only 15 games - probably 12 minutes each way, to finish each game in half an hour, would take about 4 hours total on two pitches.

You have a rota, whereby the teams not involved have to provide the refs.

If you have 8 teams, you could go to two groups of 4; a total of 12 group games, then semis and finals.

I'm quite happy to go out and source trophies and medals, once we are a bit organised and I'm confident of recouping the cash!

Medals for winners and runners up, plus a 'golden boot', and top keeper, voted by the other teams.

I'm not volunteering to organise a raffle too, but I can donate a prize. I'm sure others will too.

I'm not sure if the council would allow a barbecue, but if they would, someone might like to volunteer to do hotdogs.

I know from helping organise school fetes, that if you invite an ice-cream van along, they will often make a small donation, in return for 'official ice-cream supplier' status!!

Penalty competition for the kids, with a prize. £1 to enter will cover something smallish from the club shop. Someone with a contact, might even be able to persuade them to donate something for that or the raffle.

Any other thoughts, please feel free to make suggestions.

Hans

Oh, and obviously I want to play, too, if anyone will have me!

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
sounds great apart from the date, will be jetting off on my honeymoon then :(

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Re: 6-A-SIDE DAY

hans kraay fan club said:

Oh, and obviously I want to play, too, if anyone will have me!

Ill have you.

29th sounds perfect as I should have sorted my knee injury by then.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
oh the 29th is good for me as I will be back then so count me in for which ever team wants me:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports