Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF Quiz Night 2016

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Brilliant evening last night. Thanks to all those who arranged it and worked so hard to make it a great event. It's out grown Dick's Bar and will probably need to be shifted from the Heineken Lounge next year as it was rammed!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Brilliant evening last night. Thanks to all those who arranged it and worked so hard to make it a great event. It's out grown Dick's Bar and will probably need to be shifted from the Heineken Lounge next year as it was rammed!

Naa, keep it there and have qualifying rounds to weed out the dud teams! :D

Well done Al (as usual). Maybe drop the Albion round next year? That's what cost us top spot!

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Maybe drop the Albion round next year? That's what cost us top spot!

Unlikely. Everyone did poorly in that round. [emoji48]

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Ignore him. When is the next disco ?

We were contemplating one for yesterday. Would have been good too. Something about extra police costs. It's complicated to explain - but it's something like that.

Unlikely to do another one this season now - save the tiny possibility of Derby at home. But... unlikely.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Naa, keep it there and have qualifying rounds to weed out the dud teams! :D

Well done Al (as usual). Maybe drop the Albion round next year? That's what cost us top spot!

Echo the 2nd bit, thanks to everyone involved, excellent, we'll run night.

Being the only Albion fan in my team, the pressure was all on me in the Albion round, I failed miserably. The only saving grace was that we marked the paper of a good team with some some pretty high profile names around the Albion and they did worse.
Scrap it I say.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Echo the 2nd bit, thanks to everyone involved, excellent, we'll run night.

Being the only Albion fan in my team, the pressure was all on me in the Albion round, I failed miserably. The only saving grace was that we marked the paper of a good team with some some pretty high profile names around the Albion and they did worse.
Scrap it I say.

Why?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I don't think the team I was on had any particular complaints about any of the rounds, and definitely wouldn't want anything to be changed for next year.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I wasn't serious.
It was a poor joke on account that I was very bad at it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Great night, lots of money raised, challenging questions and as plenty of people commented on the quizmaster clearly loved the sound of his own voice far too much. We've come for a quiz mate, not to hear you lecture us on the government or laugh at people getting one of your questions wrong

Nonetheless, a fantastic effort for a team who I believe had The Cardinal on board to win, bearing in mind it appeared he couldn't even stand at the end

I dont recall any of that and also he has to read the questions out so of course you are going to hear his voice!

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Apologies for the slightly belated, but fuller note to say thank you to everyone who took part in this year's REMF Quiz NIght in the Heineken Lounge at the Amex on Friday night.

About two weeks before the event, I'd had confirmation of around 23 teams entering, and knowing that some teams come along without letting me know first, it soon became clear Dick's Bar might not be big enough. Thankfully, Tom Gorringe, the Albion's marketing manager, was on hand to offer the Heineken Lounge - a larger and, as it turned out, better space. The view of the stadium was quite something - especially for those who had never been in the Lounge.

You know we raised £2,000 on the night - this is a fantastic effort, and mainly down to the hard work of Brett, Helen and Daisy, who were relentless in their mission to drain everyone's wallets before they left.

As well as the fiver to enter and the raffle ticket sales (the first total of which came to £1,466, meaning we estimated around 160-170 people came along to take part - making up an amazing 34 teams), Brett hit upon the idea of sending the bucket round one more time with the intention of getting over the £1,500 mark. As it transpired, more and more coins and paper were thrown into the bucket and the new amount raised was £1,588. A phenomenal sum.

Better still was to come as an anonymous benefactor stated that they would personally top up the takings to make the final sum exacty £2,000. We were blown away by this kind person's generosity. Simply wonderful.

As for the evening itself, I had a blast - although I was getting a bit panicky at the beginning of the evening as we didn't have enough tables and chairs to go round. We went on a hunt and found what we were looking for - though one team did take part in the quiz standing up. To them, we raise our hats and apologise profusely. Next year - whoever you were - the first seats are yours.

Many people have come up to me to thank me for putting on 'a great evening', but my response (aside from 'you're welcome') is always to believe that the enjoyment people have comes from within. I merely provided the backdrop for others to play their role. In other words - YOU took part, YOU enjoyed yourselves, YOU raised the awareness, YOU supported the cause, YOU raised the money.

And for that, REMF thanks you profusely for your support. Let's do it all again next year...

Cheers, Al

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
This is a belated thank you to Al for organising the whole event & to [MENTION=14408]Werner[/MENTION] for donating the raffle prize of Dutch beers which he has just dropped off en route to tonight's match. Cheers guys. image.jpeg Avery nice selection they are too :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here