REMF Online Auction - Some Advice Please

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
I remember a fair few years ago some of you good people were involved in setting up an online auction in support of the Robert Eaton Memorial Fund. I placed bids for several items and won a couple of old Albion books.

Here at Cardiff, we've been trying to raise enough money for a statue in honour of Fred Keenor, who was the captain of our 1927 FA Cup-winning side and also a Welsh international legend. The target is £85,000 and we're currently just past the £71,500 mark.

The fundraising committee have asked me to look into the possibilities of setting up an online auction for various items of memorabilia that have been donated to the appeal. Therefore, I'd be really grateful for any advice from those of you who were involved in the REMF online auction.

I basically need to know how you went about setting up the aution and how it worked, so any advice would be very welcome. Please get in touch if you can offer any. Many thanks in advance.

A piece I've recently written about the statue fundraising effort can found here:

The Lone Gunman - Shooting From The Lip: Fred Keenor Statue Fund Nears Its Target

And in case you missed it, Mark Hudson's wonder goal from Tuesday night is here:

BBC Sport - Cardiffs Hudson scores from inside own half

:thumbsup:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
You need to decide if you want it to be a silent auction or a public one.

A silent auction would need an email address (probably best to set one up specifically for this unless you are happy for your personal email address to be advertised) then just get people to email in bids.

A public online auction you could use ebay like suggested or on a Cardiff message board or similer.

Pretty simple to set up but might be worth having a quick google of any laws etc that you might need to be aware of.

Good luck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports