Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remf Dvd

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
AdrianDINho said:
Cover is done thanks, but if I have time, maybe we could have a photo slide show so people have an alternative to looking at your work?

Maybe just best to send me a CD with them all in a folder, and I can put them in iPhoto and burn to iDVD with the film

I'd rather not, with respect, since I like to control the reproduction of my pictures so would do the conversion through iPhoto and create my own DVD slideshow with iDVD if I thought there was a demand for it. However, if anyone wants to see a photo slideshow they can already do so by visiting my gallery so I'm not really sure the demand would be there.

Can you confirm whether you've used any of my pictures from previous games on the DVD cover though?

PS. And though it isn't any of my business, I'm assuming that the cover will have at least one picture (regardless of who took it!) from this year's game. If only to add relevance to the overall project.

Last edited:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Basil Fawlty said:
I would love to watch the whole match, we could easily have three options on this DVD.

1. Watch The Whole Match.

2. Watch Highlights.

3. Watch Penalty Shoot-out

Anyone think this is a good idea?

Yeah that's basically what I suggested you MUG. :p

Last edited:

1066gull

Don't worry roz, you and anyone else will be credited for their efforts on the DVD.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
AdrianDINho said:
Don't worry roz, you and anyone else will be credited for their efforts on the DVD.

Reading between the lines, that's not the issue. You have to ask for permission?

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
It's not credit that bothers me, Adrie. I take that as read.

But I do get bothered about the quality of how my pictures get reproduced in print format. Anything taken off the website and bunged into a DVD cover design will look shite when it is printed out because those pictures are in web format only.

Which is why you will need the high resolution version of any pictures you use. It's something very easily sorted too because all you need to do is give me the picture reference number from the web gallery and I will then email you over a version that is suitable for print output.

Last edited:

1066gull

Right,

First apologies, but I am recalling I may only took one image - possibly two from your website.

Another point, I am sure you stated some where [to me] 'if you want any images for the DVD cover, let me know' or something like that'.

If I am correct, I may of interpreted that in to 'help myself, if I give credit or whatever'. Sorry.

But most of the images I experimented where from Brett, and he gave me full res. as I requested.

All I have of yours is a shot taken behind the goal, and a Dripping Pan overview.

http://www.northstandchat.biz/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104100&highlight=remf

Trying to find the thread you said something to the above quote to clarify if I am correct.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Adrie, I don't think there's a problem here that requires searching through the bowels of NSC!

Because I certainly do recall inviting you to let me know if you wanted any pictures for the DVD cover. However, I'd assumed that you'd get back to me and ask for the high resolution version. Which, as I said in my earlier post, is easily arranged.

So if you like to give me the picture references of the two pictures you are planning to feature on the DVD, I will email them over in the appropriate format for your purposes.

However, you might find it worth noting for the future that permission to use pictures rarely means "just help myself without telling the photographer which of their pictures I plan to use" unless you've had specific instructions to do just that, of course!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Adrie?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
not being funny aid but its 5 weeks since the event and it is always best to strike when the iron is hot mate, any news as to the release date yet ???

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
roz said:
Adrie, I don't think there's a problem here that requires searching through the bowels of NSC!

Because I certainly do recall inviting you to let me know if you wanted any pictures for the DVD cover. However, I'd assumed that you'd get back to me and ask for the high resolution version. Which, as I said in my earlier post, is easily arranged.

So if you like to give me the picture references of the two pictures you are planning to feature on the DVD, I will email them over in the appropriate format for your purposes.

However, you might find it worth noting for the future that permission to use pictures rarely means "just help myself without telling the photographer which of their pictures I plan to use" unless you've had specific instructions to do just that, of course!

It's The Great Cornhelio gate all over again!!!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Uncle Buck said:
This has a fanzine feel to it, sadly.

Let's blame Richie Morris. :jester:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Come on Aids stop hiding - You loved the thought of it 5 wks ago - you were loving it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here