Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF DVD: Details inside.

1066gull

Aid well dome mate

i feel really bad, because the day when i said i completed it, i should of sent you one STRAIGHT AWAY or got them done the next day.

i am proud of my work, and think its really professional, and well, i hope by the end of august it will be all worth it when people have seen it....

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
AID - you are a star

1066gull

once gareth has everything in his hands (hopefully monday) he will have an idea how to do it

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
When you get the DVDs, Gareth, don't send them ALL out! Keep one back for copying since there are certainly some of us who CAN try and arrange to copy more. Only I think people would like to get a DVD before the end of August!!!

Also, I haven't quite got my head around who is paying what to whom. Should people be sending you (Gareth) a cheque, made payable to REMF for the agreed amount? Only it'd probably be a good idea to provide these details to the people who emailed in response to the first post on this thread (quoted below) and I'm assuming you've received these emails:

I've set up a temporary email for Gareth and I to use, to protect personal details.

Please email the following to remfund@gmail.com

Name:
Address:
Email:
Role: (player/volunteer/spectator/didn't go)

The DVD will cost £10 and all proceeds go in to the fund.

Payments are decided by Gareth and he will let you know how you can pay once you email your details to the temporary email above.

It'd also be useful to know how many people have expressed an interest so that we know how many additional copies of the DVD need to be made.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
once gareth has everything in his hands (hopefully monday) he will have an idea how to do it

When you say "he'll have an idea how to do it", do you mean he'll be able to copy the DVD? Only that's a rather risky assumption! Not everyone has the equipment, the knowledge or the time and that's absolutely no criticism of Gareth!

1066gull

When you get the DVDs, Gareth, don't send them ALL out! Keep one back for copying since there are certainly some of us who CAN try and arrange to copy more. Only I think people would like to get a DVD before the end of August!!!

Also, I haven't quite got my head around who is paying what to whom. Should people be sending you (Gareth) a cheque, made payable to REMF for the agreed amount? Only it'd probably be a good idea to provide these details to the people who emailed in response to the first post on this thread (quoted below) and I'm assuming you've received these emails:

It'd also be useful to know how many people have expressed an interest so that we know how many additional copies of the DVD need to be made.

yeh, i thought i was trying to be helpful, but i sort of half set it up, and didnt tell gareth about it - so i left it because nhe may had a different (and better) way.

1066gull

basically,. ignore my method.

i could of kept the dvds, and trried to copy them myself, but i did try and it didnt work properly, and didnt try another way i was planning to

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Half set what up, Aid? The email? In which case does this mean that no orders have actually been received by anyone?

Or do you mean half set up the copying process? Only before we can begin to extricate ourselves from this little difficulty, it'd be handy to know which editing software you used and on what platform. Mac? PC?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Oh for gawds sake - if I were a nice person which I'm quite obviously not, I'd tell Adrian to load his dvd - don't care what the size, to my web site and I'd have ten burned by dawn - should get him out of a tight spot...but then again I'm not a nice person ;)

1066gull

good luck in trying to understand this. if you need my help, i can always try and come down and help together (i'd be more motivated then etc)

Look, the thingy-ma-jig payment email thing, at the time I thought I was helping by prioritising people for the DVDs, but you told me that there is no point as more DVD's can be burnt - which was a good point.

I done the film on MAC, with Final Cut Express and iDVD. I maanged to copy 56 dvd's in college, giving one to sheebo that I promised in return for helping me out.

I tried copying the dvd's on Windows XP, but it didn't work, but I think it can work as there is no copyright restrictions (i.e. jarring the dvd drive). I just didn't try hard enough lets just say. 2 weeks have passed and i have had a 'do it tomorrow' mentality which i've never undertaken, so i have packaged it all professionally, and instructions will follow in the post of tomorrow with an invoice of my expenses that gareth said he will pay back.

im pretty sure a dvd can be copied on a pc or mac, no matter what system it was originally burnt with. you just have to give it time to store it to a cache that can be burnt from.

it took an hour (with idvd) to render before it took another 20 minutes to actually burn to the disc. i then kept the application open, and burnt 5 more discs before a mac illegal error came up forcing me to reboot. by restarting, i had to re-render the project, and so i gave up and went home and originally planned in copying the a dvd. it doesn't really matter if you copy from on of the copied versions, but i prefer to copy from the first one that was burnt any how.....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
you should be able to just do a direct 1-1 copy using any burning program? if you copy from the original dvd

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Thats what I thought - I have dvd software and it has a copy feature....with appropriate warnings that come up re copyright...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
All cheques can be sent to me. PM me if you want a dvd and I will give you the address and out you on the list to send out DVD's. I will also post on the CPFC site.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I will keep hold of the master copy Roz.

1066gull

if you get the package US, and cant wait for the second smaller package im sending to you with the instructions etc. than dvd numbers 4-5 in the smaller packed box should be already burnt. just check them, as i have a niggling worry number 5 may not be burnt, although im sure it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here