Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**REMF Auction. Meet Dick Knight, for coffee and a personalised signed book. Bid here **

matt

Mar 19, 2007
1. How about a picture of the signed page. (You always swerve these requests when made for similar stuff - I have no idea why. You can get a photo on here in about 30 seconds from your phone). Pictures ALWAYS help.

It sounds like you are trying to antagonise the OP, under the veil of offering 'advice'. Poor show.

I would think that most of the folk on NSC could imagine what a signed page of a book looks like.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Just to clear a few things up for people which should be quite simple and easy to grasp but here goes

1. The item for auction is a book ( 2 ), It is rectangular with pieces of paper bound it in and words written on them
2. The said book is written by Dick Knight
3. He will sign the book for whoever wins and what they want written in it
4. I could post a photo of the book or a signature if people feel that is really necessary or they would find it difficult to try and imagine what it might look like, this would be a photo of the book and not Dick Knight to clear that up

The auction will end on 17/12 at 5 pm in time to be delivered for Xmas.

Thanks for understanding.

Regards
US

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Dick Knight - Mad Man - REMF Xmas auction

Just to clear a few things up for people which should be quite simple and easy to grasp but here goes

1. The item for auction is a book ( 2 ), It is rectangular with pieces of paper bound it in and words written on them
2. The said book is written by Dick Knight
3. He will sign the book for whoever wins and what they want written in it
4. I could post a photo of the book or a signature if people feel that is really necessary or they would find it difficult to try and imagine what it might look like, this would be a photo of the book and not Dick Knight to clear that up

The auction will end on 17/12 at 5 pm in time to be delivered for Xmas.

Thanks for understanding.

Regards
US

Sales isn't your strong point, is it?

Also, you'll just be bouncing this thread with no more contributions for ages, you should make the auction time a lot shorter. The bids aren't going to go much above where they are now, keeping it dragging on for a couple of weeks will just make it get boring.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am out of this silliness now. Please carry on bidding and I will update along the way. I may bring the end forward as you may have a point so thanks for that. £ 35 and £ 20 so far. PS - I am taking my own time out to make some money for the REMF and came up with the iniative, just remember that as I know this sort of thing puts people off even bothering anymore. We are not trying to split the Atom here, we are bidding for a signed book. I would have hoped people could grasp that without having to post photos or explain it further. Keep bidding for the genuine people and many thanks on behalf of the REMF and DK.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am out of this silliness now. Please carry on bidding and I will update along the way. I may bring the end forward as you may have a point so thanks for that. £ 35 and £ 20 so far. PS - I am taking my own time out to make some money for the REMF and came up with the iniative, just remember that as I know this sort of thing puts people off even bothering anymore.

I can't be bothered to get involved in REMF discussions these days, but all I'll say is that I can see both sides. Your heart is in the right place, and fair play for going to the trouble of raising the cash by asking for a signed book in this instance. No one else did it, after all.

But Gareth, I think it is the extent of the incompetence in finishing the job that grates with some people - it is not rocket science to post a picture, a start date, end date, auction type, payment details and delivery details IN THE FIRST PLACE rather than complaining that it should all be "quite simple and easy to grasp", because it really isn't at all.

And that is all I am going to say on the matter because this is a discussion forum, and anyway I can't even afford to bid on the REMF things that come up here and do genuinely interest me. :lolol:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I am out of this silliness now. Please carry on bidding and I will update along the way. I may bring the end forward as you may have a point so thanks for that. £ 35 and £ 20 so far. PS - I am taking my own time out to make some money for the REMF and came up with the iniative, just remember that as I know this sort of thing puts people off even bothering anymore.

Just to help these are the bids that got lost in the sillyness:

blue'n'white 35
The Brighton Ace 30

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks symyjym. The start date was when the thread started ! the end date was stated, the book can be posted if people really find that necessary, you can pay though jg , bank transfer etc, auction type ? Sorry for the incompetance.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think bringing it forward is a good idea so the closing date will be Friday 3/12 at 5 pm to keep it more punchy so thanks Commander for that. Still 8 days to bid. £ 40 and £ 35 so far.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am out of this silliness now. Please carry on bidding and I will update along the way. I may bring the end forward as you may have a point so thanks for that. £ 35 and £ 20 so far. PS - I am taking my own time out to make some money for the REMF and came up with the iniative, just remember that as I know this sort of thing puts people off even bothering anymore. We are not trying to split the Atom here, we are bidding for a signed book. I would have hoped people could grasp that without having to post photos or explain it further. Keep bidding for the genuine people and many thanks on behalf of the REMF and DK.

THere's two books right? Which one is the book with the £35 bid and which one is the book with the £20 bid?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So, can I clarify that its not just a signed copy, but a copy that will be signed and personalised to the winning bidder?

Correct. I am trying to arrange a personal meet with Dick week beginning 9/12 for the 2 highest bidders as well to meet, chat, sign and photos as well.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Dick Knight - Mad Man - REMF Xmas auction

Correct. I am trying to arrange a personal meet with Dick week beginning 9/12 for the 2 highest bidders as well to meet, chat, sign and photos as well.

US, if that's the case you should wait until it's all confirmed, then start a new thread with clear details about what is on offer, with photos, an exact auction time of two or three days and ask for it to be made a sticky. You'd get a far better response than just trying to auction something that nobody really knows the details for. A book with a personal message and a meeting with DK is very different to one with a scrawled signature in it that could be from anyone.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003

I will bid £4.99 not to meet him, if that helps. Up the ARS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here