Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remember the Lua Lua signing drama

BHABen

Jan 12, 2010
Well its turning into a massive anti climax, i think he has so much to offer, tonight was calling out for him to do something special when we were on top. At the minute i cant see the purpose of extending his loan

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Why have him on the bench and bring him on when we're 1-0 and less than 10 mins to go?? Bloody ridiculous.

BHABen

Jan 12, 2010
cant understand what barnes could bring that paynter and smith didnt have, lua lua would have injected his pace and skill, Sir Poyet i think you made an error of judgement tonight.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
cant understand what barnes could bring that paynter and smith didnt have, lua lua would have injected his pace and skill, Sir Poyet i think you made an error of judgement tonight.

And not for the first time. There have been a couple of strange team decisions of late.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Did Barnes go upfront though? Could have taken Harleys position, which he has played for the last 10 games anyway.

Lua Lua doesn't have the confidence to skip by players at the moment sadly.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Lua Lua doesn't have the confidence to skip by players at the moment sadly.

If that is true and I`m not sure it is then he shouldn`t even be on the bench. The truth is that Gus has become very cautious since the 9 goals conceded in 3 games and only brought KLL on when he had no other choice. Lua Lua needs some game time because he is flitting from nothing to the odd ten minutes here and there. Noone has done well but I thought things looked better from him and the Albions perspective when he was being replaced at 60/65 minutes having given his all and then allowing his replacement time to make some sort of impact.
Tonight was predictable.

jamesp

Feb 23, 2011
Penrith Cumbria
Are the midfield players we have a little to alike in terms of how they re going to play? Noone, Buckley & Lua Lua seem like players who will go it alone rather than provide for CMS. Harley, was the answer to our prayers a few weeks ago when signed but erm.......are we already seeing why he never got a Premier League game? Finally Vicente, its clear he is the one Gus has placed his creative hopes on but injured! Can Gus still play??? Get him registered and out there!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
KLL is increasingly looking like a very strange signing. He'll not be staying come January if we never play him.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
Why do we never give him a ball to run onto? Again he has to get the ball by the halfway line, turn one man and and then beat another just.

In general i can't remember many players getting a through ball this season, we can be to methodical with our passing

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
All I'll say is that if both Buckley and Vicente are out, but Gus wants to play on only one wing for 85 minutes, then how the hell is KLL ever going to have a chance of getting a good chunk of action?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Kazenga has produced some of the most undefenable play since Wardy & it's a complete joke how he is only getting 10 mins when we're losing...he needs to start a couple of games running & TOLD this. Why isn't he (& other subs) playing 90 mins every reserve match gainf confidence/match fitness, seems to be no movement between sides just us & them?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I put on here when we signed him that he'd probably be rotated rather than first team this season and I was totally flamed for it.

:shrug:

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Why is this I wonder.

Do you think sitting on the bench and being left out the squad should be a boost to his confidence?

Gus wont care about that. He has already stated in interviews that he doesnt believe Confidence has anything to do with the team or player performance

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Gus wont care about that. He has already stated in interviews that he doesnt believe Confidence has anything to do with the team or player performance

Exactly - If LuaLua wants to start games he has to use his substitute performances better.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Why do we never give him a ball to run onto? Again he has to get the ball by the halfway line, turn one man and and then beat another just.

In general i can't remember many players getting a through ball this season, we can be to methodical with our passing

This is true. But i think teams are making it hard for our quick players by dropping deep when we have the ball. Noone can get round the back with his tricks. Lua Lua's push and run style is less effective.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Kazenga has produced some of the most undefenable play since Wardy & it's a complete joke how he is only getting 10 mins when we're losing...he needs to start a couple of games running & TOLD this. Why isn't he (& other subs) playing 90 mins every reserve match gainf confidence/match fitness, seems to be no movement between sides just us & them?

I agree with you here, however we no longer have a reserve team. We have the development squad & for some reason those in the first team but not picked dont qualify ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here