Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remember Southampton at home last season?

Apr 17, 2011
Shoreham
I seem to remember that we were all fairly pessimistic about getting anything away at Ipswich back in January when they were top of the form league.

I don't think that AEA is a huge loss with Greer now available. Assuming that Bridge is available, we've got a strong squad to pick from and no real weak points.

You don't think that AEA will be missed!!!!! Greer has not had a competitive game for weeks and will be even more off the pace than he usually is. This will mean Upson having to cover him, Bridge having to alter his game and whoever is right back doing the same. Maybe forget Greer and put Bridcutt in as sweeper.
No Weak points ???- apart from just 1 striker?

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
We don't need to go above them. If we get good results against Palace, Leicester, forest and Boro there is every chance we could finish one place below Palace in 5th to set up a play off semi final against them.Then it becomes a lottery[/

I was simply responding to your post. If you read it, that was what you suggested. Where we finish compared to them. Hey ho.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Everyone thought we would get stuffed what with the plague of injuries and suspensions and then we beat um 3-0 with pretty much our second squad - hopefully history will repeat itself on Sunday!
Keeping the faith until its all over in my corner:albion2:

I was thinking earlier it is similar. I was certain we'd lose that, as at great cost Cortese and Adkins had assembled an unstoppable train at that point.

CP are no where as good as they were then, so I have some hope.

Depends as the Football League Show pundits say about these derbies, do the players know what this means to the fans and are they going to give their all for a result?

Over to you .... Lopez, Orlandi, Buckley, Vicente, Ulloa.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, the same thought had crossed my mind, darkest hour comes before dawn and all that. Also before Palace had the honour of being the first visiting team to win a league game at the Amex they'd just lost 2-1 to the bottom club Doncaster. It's a funny old game football, hopefully we'll be bouncing this thread on Sunday evening saying "Told you!" to all the Moaning Minnies and Dismal Desmonds doubting our ability to bounce back.

I was confident before Southampton as well. Hadn't we just lost 2-0 at Coventry (the bottom club) or something to give them their first win in ages? Can't remember offhand, but I do remember saying (not on here sadly otherwise I'd bounce the thread) that we'd beat Southampton because that's the way football 'works', and also it's typical Brighton.

*Bounce* Never in doubt. I was pretty much 100% certain we were going to win as, like I said, that is the way football 'works'.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
:bounce: Hate to say i told you so:p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here