Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remember Anfield 1983?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
phil neal missing a pen at the kop end right at the death,his penalty record was pretty impressive,i don't think anyone thought he'd miss it

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
[video=vimeo;26924875]http://vimeo.com/26924875[/video]

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
not many more,guppy was on the coach at sunderland! copper got on when we arrived and said hello guppy!:facepalm:

I'm sure John Soar counted to about 57 at Sunderland. Similar amount went to Swansea that season - our only away win in the league that year!!
Coppers gave us a lift back to station in the Pig wagon. In those days there were overnight trains to London.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Are there any first hands reports from our 3-3 League draw and 1-0 victory at Anfield in the early eighties?

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
[video=vimeo;26924875]http://vimeo.com/26924875[/video]

The match was never shown on TV, in those days you couldn't have shirt advertising blah blah! So Radio Sussex Commentary...I was 14 and remember screaming the house down when Phil Neal missed the penalty...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Are there any first hands reports from our 1-0 victory at Anfield in the early eighties?

I managed to miss the 1-0 Anfield league win and the 2-1 FA Cup win, instead choosing to go to the 3-1 defeat there in 1982/83, which was in-between those two results! We did take the lead tho (Gerry Ryan), and were 1-0 up at half-time.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
as mentioned in another thread ,,, didnt have a ticket, went in the Kop, walked along the pitch before the game , past the pot of paint and into The Anfield Rd End ... went to ALL the cup games EXCEPT newcastle away! how many are we ... over 2000 i guess !

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
The match was never shown on TV, in those days you couldn't have shirt advertising blah blah! So Radio Sussex Commentary...I was 14 and remember screaming the house down when Phil Neal missed the penalty...

see 31 mins 30 secs for the penalty miss ... shaved the post and the Kop squealed!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Liverpool 83 (FA cup) also my most memorable game ever. I remember when the equaliser went in I turned to the fan sitting next to me and saying 'that's it then'.....truely thought our chance had gone, only to be jumping all over the place moments later when Case's shot took the deflection (twice if I'm right?) and nestled in the net. Possibly Albion's greatest ever win. You have to remember that Liverpool were then Europe's top team and virtually invincible at home. No 2nd team players playing for them in that game. I went to all games bar the away game v Newcastle.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
as mentioned in another thread ,,, didnt have a ticket, went in the Kop, walked along the pitch before the game , past the pot of paint and into The Anfield Rd End ... went to ALL the cup games EXCEPT newcastle away! how many are we ... over 2000 i guess !

We didn't have tickets either - and planned to go on the Kop - but got there early and got restricted view seats in the main stand. What a day.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Was that Swansea game in midweek on St Davids day ?

I am pretty certain that was the one I went to.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Also beat them in the league at Anfield in 1982 as well

I was there for that as well plus all the other Liverpool games post 79

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here