Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Relocating

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
I went to the shop on queens road earlier to enquire about moving seats next season.

I was told by the guy on the ticket desk that no such thing will be availiable and that we have to have our current seat. he said any that dont renew go to the people on the waiting list. anyone else had issues or spoken to the club about moving? i'd be intersted to know what was said, surely any that dont renew get offered out to those that want to renew but dont want there current seat. seems like there is no option for this

i am going to email the club and see if they can help a bit more

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I emailed the ticket office about this a month or so ago and got the following reply:

"Over the next month or so all Season Ticket holders will be contacted regarding the renewal process. We are suggesting to any ST holder who wants to move seats for 2012/13 that they renew their original seat and then once this process has been finalised we will see if there is any room".

I emailed the ticket office about this a month or so ago and got the following reply:

"Over the next month or so all Season Ticket holders will be contacted regarding the renewal process. We are suggesting to any ST holder who wants to move seats for 2012/13 that they renew their original seat and then once this process has been finalised we will see if there is any room".

that's gotta be the starting point, it can't work any other way.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006

Phew that sounds slightly more encouraging, I desperately need to move seats next season!

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
It sounds like the people on the waiting list get first dibs on new seats or vacated existing seats. Anyone who wants to move will have to give up their current seat and join the back of the queue.

People that have seats in the East ,where the Away fans will be next season, have already been asked to express a preference on where they want to move to ...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It sounds like the people on the waiting list get first dibs on new seats or vacated existing seats. Anyone who wants to move will have to give up their current seat and join the back of the queue.

People that have seats in the East ,where the Away fans will be next season, have already been asked to express a preference on where they want to move to ...

Indeed - the prime ESU seats have been nabbed already.

Wickerman

Aug 24, 2011
Horam
Forgive me for perhaps stating the obvious, but would it not be an idea to get a list on the forum with allocations who wish to move? Maybe a fair trade could be done within the fans by mutual consent.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I went to the shop on queens road earlier to enquire about moving seats next season.

I was told by the guy on the ticket desk that no such thing will be availiable and that we have to have our current seat. he said any that dont renew go to the people on the waiting list. anyone else had issues or spoken to the club about moving? i'd be intersted to know what was said, surely any that dont renew get offered out to those that want to renew but dont want there current seat. seems like there is no option for this

i am going to email the club and see if they can help a bit more

Come on Albion get this customer service crap sorted out! As discussed elsewhere on this board, we already have issues with the renewal letters and DD mandates omitted for people now wanting to change to paying by DD. And here we are again where we have an employee of the club not fully and accurately briefed on what the postion is and fans left to seek clarification via a fans online forum. If he didn't know the answer or plans are yet to be finalised he/she should have told you as such rather than 'winging it'.:facepalm:

D

Deleted member 18477

Phew that sounds slightly more encouraging, I desperately need to move seats next season!

dont worry, you're not the only one. I'd like to move seats as my brother and mates son are on the waiting list. Prob going to have to move to sit with them.

lewesgull

Jan 3, 2010
i was in the ticket office at the ground today and they have confirmed you need to renew in your current seat and then at beginning of May there should be room for some movement (more movement if Upper East gets go ahead). He said they have had many enquiries about people wanting to change seats.

Could there be a section on here like the ticket exchange where season ticket holders wanting to switch can see if there are seats they want to go to and then together go to or contact the club to get seat numbers changed?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
This is annoying, I have a mate on the waiting list and would like to sit with him, so looks like we wont be able to anytime soon.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I would imagine, with the amount of STH we have, trying to set up a system for those wanting to move seats would be an absolute nightmare and until we have planning permission opening up all those extra seats I cannot see the club being able to get something going.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
This is annoying, I have a mate on the waiting list and would like to sit with him, so looks like we wont be able to anytime soon.

The only way that would is if the number of new seats exceeds the waiting list demand - and you would probably have to move to ESU or the South

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I would imagine, with the amount of STH we have, trying to set up a system for those wanting to move seats would be an absolute nightmare and until we have planning permission opening up all those extra seats I cannot see the club being able to get something going.

Absolutely right - you certainly can't beat the club up over this one - it would be an administrative nightmare.

I'd happily allow NSC to be used to help pair up people for swaps etc if the club were amenable to it.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
The only way that would is if the number of new seats exceeds the waiting list demand - and you would probably have to move to ESU or the South

Yeah can't quite see how the club are going to do this. I have 3 seats for me and my two boys in WSU but the wife wants one as well next season. Can't see a seat being available near where we are so might consider all moving to ESU.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here