Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Relocating to Shoreham Beach

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I spent the first 25 years of my life living on Shoreham Beach (Old Fort Road and Kings Court), and it's a wonderful place, especially in the summer.

You've got wide beaches, a harbour for fishing (and the beach of course) the walk into town isn't that bad, there is 1 pub on the beach, the Waterside (although I still call it the Lady Jane) which isn't great, but as has been mentioned, Shoreham town has a host of good pubs to drink in.

The beaches are wider to the West, and at low tide have a wide sandy area (whereas there is less sand exposed to the East towards to West Arm of the harbour).

It is something of a local centre for watersports, especially Kite surfing and Wind surfing.

I'd certainly consider moving back there, although the house prices are that much higher than where I currently live, so perhaps I won't be able to afford it.

Papa

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Glad too see all the rave reviews of my home town. I love it here and always have. We have numerous eateries, as mentioned. As for pubs, we used to be in the Guiness book of records for the highest number of pubs per head of population, but no longer the case I would imagine. We have most things that anyone would want and of course it's 10 mins from Brighton if you need more.

oh, and of course we have the farmers market once a month, which is apparently the best in Sussex (not quite sure who says that though). I'd rather we had something similar every day.

Last edited:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Thanks everyone.

It all seems very positive about the area, pubs, beach and general feel of the place.

Whats it like on a friday/saturday night? Meaning....is there a nice vibe and general young feel or do most from the area head to brighton?

I cant say I had ever thought about Shoreham before...but with good links into brighton and a nice beach on your door step I think Im going to do it.

Just got to view some rental properties around Emerald Quay and take it from there.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'd highly recommend the Thai resturant in the high street as well.

I lived on SB for about a year and, if I could afford to, would move back straight away !

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
The acid test for Shoreham Beach is to see what you make of the winter storms. This tends to chase off a small number of people in their first year otherwise people tend to get rooted, as it really is a great place to live.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The acid test for Shoreham Beach is to see what you make of the winter storms. This tends to chase off a small number of people in their first year otherwise people tend to get rooted, as it really is a great place to live.

I used to love the Winter storms myself... we (me and some friends) used to go down to the West arm, and see how far we could get out before a massive wave came over the side... if you stayed close to the wall you could avoid getting washed off the other side into the harbour. If you were lucky you could get through the most prone areas and get close to the end. A friend tried it on a bike, and did end up in the water!

Also, you'd get some amazing stuff washed up after the big winter storm, even the odd whale from time to time.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach

I hate the wind in the winter, as i have to walk across it to get to the station but it's ok once you get used to it with 7 layers on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here