Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Religious question?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Just watching president Obama at the Charleston funerals. He obviously is a man of some faith. There are also many intelligent people who do not rule out that ones soul may live on in some form after the body dies.

Just stating this because according to NSC, it would seem if you have these views, you are a complete idiot.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Everything involving science, common sense and logic point towards a lack of existence of any god.

Very true but why you think our basic brains are going to be able to understand God is your mistake. If you class yourself as a logical person then surely IF God exists and is all knowing, omnipotent and our creator etc then why do you think his creation is built to understand Him.

It is not up to anyone but yourself to decide which way to go but to a man, every logical thinking person gets frustrated with people claiming god exists.

That depends. If that logical person has explored their consciousness by meditation then no. I am a logical person, passed Mensa entry etcetc but I've spent hours daily meditating for 9 years now.

I wouldn't take any insults too personally.

Err I haven't.

I would just urge you to look at man made (too many to list) & natural disasters (top ten listed) that are either occurring at the moment or historically and ask yourself why, if there is a god is he not stopping them and why has he not stopped them in the past.

I haven't really invited questions of that nature so I don't know why you've brought that up. There is an answer to that. However the answer relies on an understanding in Spirituality. I know you're going to say that is a cop out but that is the case.

Expanding your consciousness is a gradual process and a lot of the answers are a bit along the path. In any area of knowledge you can't expect answers to advanced questions if you haven't done the learning groundwork. Anyhow everyone has the choice to find out these questions by themselves and come to their own realisations. All answers are within us.

In the past I've got involved in these threads answering questions but now realise this isn't the place for it.

As for religion being the owner of morality, well that's just the definition of irony.

My last post was bringing up the fact that abuse and insults only seems to come from one side although not by you.. Do you admit that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here