Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Relegation Scrap

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If Hyypia stays I believe we'll be around the relegation zone all season. Even in his cluelesness he MIGHT manage to keep us above Blackpool and Birmingham. Have to say the body language of most of the team over the last two Saturdays, coupled with the lack of striker power suggests that we are in our rightful place in the table at the moment.

I won't trust them to get us out of it if we slip into the relegation zone and a few points adrift. I'm not sure that any other teams apart from Brum and Blackpool are as consistently powder puff as we are at the moment.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Until the problem of relying upon O'Grady, Baldock, Colunga and CMS is solved then it's not looking good. Terrible. Nothing whatsoever shown by any of 'em thus far.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I had fears of relegation from the start of the season but now I just can't see us staying up. It's been a monumental **** up by Bloom, Barber, Burke and Hyypia to turn a play-off side into relegation candidates in such a short space of time.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Pretty emphatic response. My take on it is that Tex, Bennett and Gardner are here to gain experience and confidence rather than for the greater good of the Albion, and won't be up for a battle. Dunk will be distracted by transfer talk. Can't see o'grady, baldock or colunga rolling up their sleevesand without crofts there's no one in midfield to put it about. You never know what you're going to get with Ince and jfc will be off in January. This leaves stockdale, Greer, caldy, cms , kaz and Bruno to battle it out on their own - when not injured or suspended. Paddy wil fade away and Not sure about holla and Hughes.

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
Table doesn't lie. PB must fear for his corporate machine if we get relegated. Looks like the prawn sandwiches will be coming from Iceland next season.....

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Next 6 games
BOURNEMOUTH A
WIGAN H
BLACKBURN H
NORWICH A
FULHAM H
DERBY A

4 points at best, if people don't think we're in a relegation battle look at our next 6 fixtures, we've had a run of poorer teams in the league and are 4th from bottom if people aren't concerned then you should be

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Next 6 games
BOURNEMOUTH A
WIGAN H
BLACKBURN H
NORWICH A
FULHAM H
DERBY A

4 points at best, if people don't think we're in a relegation battle look at our next 6 fixtures, we've had a run of poorer teams in the league and are 4th from bottom if people aren't concerned then you should be
Yeah. Why not wait till they've played the games and then panic, rather than throw in the towel now. Have I missed something? Is it April 2015 or is it still October 2014.

We are in a relegation scrap - let's say Brum and Blackpool are no hopers, that leaves a third spot for a possible "surprise" name.

At the beginning of the season I would have said Rotherham, Millwall, Hudds and Brentford are the calls if you purely go on squad strength.

The bottom of the table is looking bad for us because there are too many big clubs out there who can recover quickly. Can't see Fulham, Bolton and Wigan be anywhere but midtable this season. Even with all their chaos Leeds have got more points than us and have now appointed the guy who has got most of them.

Both Rotherham and Millwall have nuggety managers who can squeeze 50pts out of their lower quality squads. Hudds look a recovery play under Powell, though not completely sure about him. Hats off to Warburton at Brentford who is playing good football.

Who the hell is the third team going to be?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Yeah. Why not wait till they've played the games and then panic, rather than throw in the towel now. Have I missed something? Is it April 2015 or is it still October 2014.

Throwing in the towel ?
Just posted our next 6 fixtures and predicted we'll get 4 PTS
I'm not kicking a ball there's nothing I can do on the pitch
How is saying we'll get 4 points from 6 games and saying we're in a relegation battle throwing in the towel

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Next 6 games
BOURNEMOUTH A
WIGAN H
BLACKBURN H
NORWICH A
FULHAM H
DERBY A

I'm not in the least bit concerned.
I've watched us play all season, and we are playing very well for the most part.

The goals will come, and plenty of them, and we will finish very nicely in the table.

Maybe the moaning areseholes in the stadium should direct their energy at supporting the team instead eh?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Throwing in the towel ?
Just posted our next 6 fixtures and predicted we'll get 4 PTS
I'm not kicking a ball there's nothing I can do on the pitch
How is saying we'll get 4 points from 6 games and saying we're in a relegation battle throwing in the towel
Whatever! They might only get 2 points from them but let's see eh?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I'm not in the least bit concerned.
I've watched us play all season, and we are playing very well for the most part.

The goals will come, and plenty of them, and we will finish very nicely in the table.

Maybe the moaning areseholes in the stadium should direct their energy at supporting the team instead eh?

So you must be one of the few voting SAMI IN

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here