Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Relegation scrap or mid-table mediocrity?

Relegation scrap or mid-table mediocrity?

• The excitement of a relegation scrap

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • The boredom of mid-table mediocrity

Votes: 29 67.4%

• Total voters

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
That would leave Fulham and Millwall in deep trouble, we are safe, it will be Millwall and Wigan, both have to much to do, in the event one of them pulls a rabbit out of the hat, then Fulham and Rotherham would be in serious danger. Fulham have to play Wigan and Rotherham in their next two games all 3 teams are below us, that's where the battle is.

I think we are safe even if we don't get another point, but I think we will be overtaken by Rothers and Fulham. 21st will be our rightful place but I have a feeling Wigan and Millwall will close the gap without leapfrogging us.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
We are not safe. It's clear by how the players have been performing they think we are too, extremely dangerous to assume that. With our run of games it's conceivable we could not pick up many more points... If any at all. Still could stay up on what we have though.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
"Would mid-table mediocrity have been more fun?".

Why yes, yes it would. Let's stop being safe before February's even done, shall we? Let's all pretend our Championship future hasn't been safe for weeks and try to make the last few games a really, positive, warming, rewarding, enjoyable, fun, exciting relegation scrap, shall we?

Why not...

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
We're probably, maybe safe. The last 7 or so games of the season look like being played out to the sound of snores with the only thing of interest being watching the haves at the other end of the table battling out to reach the promise land.

Would you have preferred the excitement of a a relegation scrap, with hopeful survival, to this slow petering out of a season?
I never enjoy giving a thumbs down but did not rate the question. Sorry. It hurts but I have to be honest.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
It would appear that the Blackburn win convinced the players that we were safe ( and indeed, a lot of fans ) Pro footballers are a pampered lot and will switch off at the slightest opportunity. I never believe that anyone is safe until mathmatics prove it. Football history is littered with supposedly doomed teams suddenly stringing wins together. e.g Sunderland last season, amazingly reaping points off top teams and staying up against all the odds. It wasn't that long ago that a doomed BHA suddenly got a head of steam up and took 16 points from the last 6 games to stay up. Millwall won their last game, we have lost our last two.
Beware complacency. Beware momentum.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
It would appear that the Blackburn win convinced the players that we were safe ( and indeed, a lot of fans ) Pro footballers are a pampered lot and will switch off at the slightest opportunity. I never believe that anyone is safe until mathmatics prove it. Football history is littered with supposedly doomed teams suddenly stringing wins together. e.g Sunderland last season, amazingly reaping points off top teams and staying up against all the odds. It wasn't that long ago that a doomed BHA suddenly got a head of steam up and took 16 points from the last 6 games to stay up. Millwall won their last game, we have lost our last two.
Beware complacency. Beware momentum.
That's pretty much what I said. Though I used different words.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here