Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Relegation next season.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
FFS it hasn't started yet. I thought I was a pessimist but really.........

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
MK Dons have got to be favourites. They've lost Dele Alli and Will Grigg, have signed a load of unknown players who may or may not work out, their best midfielder Ben Reeves is rumoured be off, and their main striker as of now is Simon Church. Other than them, Rotherham have signed about 40 players all of which are average at best, so they'll probably be down there too.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Bolton, Birmingham, Blackburn, Rotherham, Charlton, Brentford, Leeds, Reading. Should all be shit.
Oh and us. Obviously.
Charlton's run at the end of last season had them in the top 1/3 of the Championship at one point, so doubt they will struggle.

Steve Evans seems to like signing lots of mediocre players though (think he did it at Crawley), so they will probably struggle.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I bet a lot of our opponents have got US in the bottom three, asking "Apart from Bolton, Blackburn and Brighton, who else will we finish above?"

Probably, but I bet Rotherham fans would be DELIGHTED to finish 21st again. Suspect Preston will also be focused on staying up alone.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
MK Dons have got to be favourites. They've lost Dele Alli and Will Grigg, have signed a load of unknown players who may or may not work out, their best midfielder Ben Reeves is rumoured be off, and their main striker as of now is Simon Church. Other than them, Rotherham have signed about 40 players all of which are average at best, so they'll probably be down there too.

not unlike us, then, with unknown signings !!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
You always get one surprise package that completely plummets...wolves the year before and Wigan last year...I reckon it'll be Forest, Blackburn or even Burnley

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I bet a lot of our opponents have got US in the bottom three, asking "Apart from Bolton, Blackburn and Brighton, who else will we finish above?"
And that's the way we like it :rock:

Sign 4 decent players and we'll be top 6.

Grim if we don't.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You always get one surprise package that completely plummets...wolves the year before and Wigan last year...I reckon it'll be Forest, Blackburn or even Burnley

Hopefully QPR (sorry, Chris Ramsey!).

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Don't think we will be anywhere near relegation this year, don't think we'll be troubling the promotion race either unless we do bring in a couple of difference makers before the window closes.

My main reason for optimism is the new set up for the team. The 4-4-2 set up used so far in the pre-season has been a relatively simple one for the players to grasp and the team shape looks good right now. The defence has been shored up at full back and imo has been improved with the addition of Rosenior and Bong. In the middle Kayal and Stephens look a natural partnership, and upfront Hemed and Baldock look to offer us far more than we had last season.

I think we can put out a decent first XI, we are lacking out wide and depth throughout the squad, but I feel we are a long way from being the car-crash we were last season. Who knows an exciting signing or two and I may get more optimistic.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Really, what kind of football fan considers relegation before a ball is kicked in anger, I mean what's the point in planning for the new season and looking forward to the first match.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Don't think we will be anywhere near relegation this year, don't think we'll be troubling the promotion race either unless we do bring in a couple of difference makers before the window closes.

Far, far too sensible for this thread.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Bolton, Birmingham, Blackburn, Rotherham, Charlton, Brentford, Leeds, Reading. Should all be shit.
Oh and us. Obviously.

Brentford?? Really, I can't agree with Brentford.

I would add MK Dons to that list as well as Forsest and Huddersfield.

QPR could have a shit start until they sack Ramsey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here