Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Released 50 years ago today Rubber Soul by The Beatles

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Almost unbelievably, we only have to wait 8 months to celebrate 50 years from the release of Revolver. Upon releasing Rubber Soul it took them just 8 months to get Revolver out. Mind Boggling from a bunch of 25 year old scousers.

*A pedant writes...*

George Harrison was 22 when Rubber Soul came out.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Great Album. Rubber Soul & Revolver seem to run together. I remember these from my older brothers having them and now I have them, downloaded, too.

"In My Life" is one of the songs I want at my funeral.

Me too. I've still got my original vinyl. I can't get rid of it, as it's so much a part of my youth.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Another vote for nowhere man

Why not have a poll list on here?

This was the first album I played time and time again, but I didn't have a record-player! But I did have an old reel-to-reel tape recorder. So I bought a World Record Club LP on tape (I think of The Seekers) and got someone to help me record their LP of "Rubber Soul" over it. I then took a tracing of the words on the album and painted them in Humbrol in the same colours on the box the tape came in. The "Rubber Soul" just fitted exactly!

I think on the back I got one of those machines that punched letters and numbers into sticky plastic tape and listed the whole of the album tracks. Which one's the best? I love 'em all from "Drive My Car "to "Run For Your Life." I suppose "Girl" is a bit dirgy though.

"You Won't See Me" might just shade it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here