Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Reiss Nelson on a free from Arsenal

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Seeing reports of us linked with a move. He’s done well for England Under 21’s and Hoffenheim plus decent at Feyenoord. Not broken through fully at Arsenal but come closer than most youngsters, and now 23 years old. Good back-up for March (or Mitoma) who’s ready to start 15 games a year and count as homegrown (at an English club) for a Euro campaign unlike our younger South American talents.

Thoughts? And if other links/reports of interest can be found, maybe someone can do the FUT/Wag etc. details.

Last edited:

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Seeing reports of us linked with a move. He’s done well for England Under 21’s and Hoffenheim plus decent at Feyenoord. Not broken through fully at Arsenal but come closer than most youngsters, and now 23 years old. Good back-up for March (or Mitoma) who’s ready to start 15 games a year and count as homegrown (at an English club) for a Euro campaign unlike our younger South American talents.

Thoughts? And if other links/reports of interest can be found, maybe someone can do the FUT/Wag etc. details.
Not going to happen.

Hardly going to leave Arsenal for us as backup is he? We dont need him anyway. We have Adringa and Sima to come back if needed

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Not going to happen.

Hardly going to leave Arsenal for us as backup is he? We dont need him anyway. We have Adringa and Sima to come back if needed
His contract expires this season. They also aren’t home grown which is something we’re going to have to think about this summer.

We’ve shown ourselves as a pretty progressive place for young talent so wouldn’t be at all surprised if he ended up here if we want him.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Would be a fantastic signing. I’d be very surprised if we weren’t interested and he in us.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Hmmm, a month ago I would have thought this was a real possibility, however, since the emergence of Enciso as a genuine wide man I think a move for Nelson is a tad redundant. As it stands next season we’ll have March, Mitoma, Adingra and Enciso as the wide options. I appreciate Nelson is on a ‘free’ but I think funds would be better spent elsewhere.
We’ll definitely need a right back (Rensch), a centre back (Matviyenko) and another centre midfielder (Scott). Those three alone would cost a pretty penny and would have a greater benefit to the squad.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Hmmm, a month ago I would have thought this was a real possibility, however, since the emergence of Enciso as a genuine wide man I think a move for Nelson is a tad redundant. As it stands next season we’ll have March, Mitoma, Adingra and Enciso as the wide options. I appreciate Nelson is on a ‘free’ but I think funds would be better spent elsewhere.
We’ll definitely need a right back (Rensch), a centre back (Matviyenko) and another centre midfielder (Scott). Those three alone would cost a pretty penny and would have a greater benefit to the squad.
Scott would be a superb signing. I hope there is some truth in this.

I know we have three strikers, but we miss Fergus on when he is not available. Solanke from Boormuff would be a good signing. We were linked with him before and he would fit our system.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I know we have three strikers, but we miss Fergus on when he is not available. Solanke from Boormuff would be a good signing. We were linked with him before and he would fit our system.
I’m happy with Welbz and Undav as back-up to Ferguson. However, Pedro is no stranger to the striker role:
8430937F-74B0-4228-AA98-086862E67906.jpeg

We’ll be fine next season in that position. We just need to replace/sign Colwill and find cover for Caicedo and Estupinian.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

I think Solanke would want 1st team football which could be a problem, I suspect Bournemouth would want huge money too. If we’re looking for another striking option it’ll most likely come from elsewhere in Europe.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
When we get into Europe our squad will need to expand due to the number of games so he'd be a great addition IMO.

Free, decent signing on bonus but wages might be an issue.

Newcastle will also need to expand their squad for CL football, not sure if he's up to that level or not, not seen him play recently.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
When we get into Europe our squad will need to expand due to the number of games so he'd be a great addition IMO.

Free, decent signing on bonus but wages might be an issue.

Newcastle will also need to expand their squad for CL football, not sure if he's up to that level or not, not seen him play recently.
Being reported today he has rejected arsenals latest contract offer as wants first team football and currently on £15k a week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here