Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Referee

briref

Aug 12, 2008
I suggest you stop guessing as you've written a load of bo**ocks.

I have in my working life been a manager of 2oo plus highly skilled engineers, run/owned over 6 businesses employing loads of people but haho what do I know eh?

The valid point I made was he directed the player to the area he wanted the throw taken, the player ignored this direction, taking the throw some 10 yards on, the ref was still waving him back at that point. He failed to then to implement the rules and switch the throw. Given that he ball went out again he then purposefully told the player where to take it.

An important skill for ref's is to stop infringements.

So with such a condescending post I guess your not use to talking/writing to people in a measured polite way. so f@@k off.

Fair play
Stick to business then instead of analyzing referee's performances

By the way there are no rules in football, they are LAWS

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We (myself and referee son) both commented that the ref had been good. Got nothing major wrong.

There was no push from Mills for their goal (as suggested elsewhere)
CMS pen appeal was nothing
Holla booking was nailed on, and Holla knew it.

8.0 from me.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Fair play

Why should I stop analysing (English spelling) Ref's. Stop telling me what I should or should not be doing you t@@t.

Having a quick look at your post history you appear to only offer your comments on ref threads as if you're some sort of refereeing God.

Perhaps you might be some sort of Sunday lower league official who knows and who cares. but having watched and played for 40 years I believe I can offer some sort of opinion and after all , maybe I'm wrong, but that's what this site is about.

You'll be telling me you're a traffic warden next and proud of it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Fair play

Look up the definition of 'Laws'.

As for the referee, he was typical of most refs, very weak. Players will always try and push the boundaries and it's up to the ref to make sure they don't. Do it early on and set the standard, let it go and no one knows what they can and cannot do.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Look up the definition of 'Laws'.

As for the referee, he was typical of most refs, very weak. Players will always try and push the boundaries and it's up to the ref to make sure they don't. Do it early on and set the standard, let it go and no one knows what they can and cannot do.

Stop showing dissent, he'll book you

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
We (myself and referee son) both commented that the ref had been good. Got nothing major wrong.

There was no push from Mills for their goal (as suggested elsewhere)
CMS pen appeal was nothing
Holla booking was nailed on, and Holla knew it.

8.0 from me.

I was livid when they scored as their man at the back post cleared out his marker with a two handed shove. From my angle it looked significant, the camera angle for the highlights tells a different story, as the header was from a more central position.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Have seen penaltys given for the alleged foul on CMS some you get some you dont it will even itself out over the season.

The video highlights show the Bolton player giving CMS a push in the back , no doubt one of Dougie's training ground moves.

Firingblanks1

Oct 4, 2004
North Portslade actually
Lets take our brighton glasses off for a second, Calde walked across the whole pitch when subbed, if the opposition did this when we were losing we would be going apeshit...

We have a tendancy to blame officials near on every game. According to people on here we've probably never had one good ref/linesman

Yep, top post. Always quite embarrassed by the amount of stick officials get on here and at the game. Always makes me wonder how many people have actually played football or understand the rules of the game? Being a ref is always a thankless task. Thought the guy on Saturday did really well, I.e let the game flow etc.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Bolton were timewasting from the minute they scored, but for some reason, referees never seem to add it on in her first half. I was slightly surprised he only added four on in the second, given all the substitutions and the goal. But not complaining...

Agree with that. In the first half, he added 3 minutes, which included two goals (thirty seconds each) plus a substitution (another thirty seconds) as well as the long interruption for the injury to Bogdan. Should have been at least five minutes IMO

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Thought the referee had a good game, though the yellow on Holla was a bit harsh - a word with him would have been enough.

Also surprising the Bolton player with the late theatrical dive wasnt given a card for simulation either.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Having just watched Stoke vs Hull on MOTD2. Now THAT was shitty refereeing. Taking throw ins from the wrong place is minor in comparison.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here