Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Referee - where were his cards?

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
It would have been interesting if it was their right back who made that challenge. He was already close to being sent off.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Next week's ref announced and the reaction.
image.png

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
HOOPS?

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Referee clearly advised Lansbury he was booking him. It'll be in his match report which is all that counts.

He wasn't booked.

The FA website shows all bookings and red cards. Prior to the game on Friday, Forest had received 4 cautions this season. The FA website is now showing they have 8 (there were 4 Forest players booked before the Lansbury incident).

I did wonder at the time whether he actually HAD been booked, because once the referee couldn't find his card he failed to record his name anywhere (I'm not sure if referees these days simply record the players they have booked on the card itself, or whether they literally have a notebook that they write in, but Madley didn't record his name at all).

It is interesting that the match report on Forest's website doesn't show Lansbury's booking, because their twitter feed certainly mentioned it:-

[TWEET]764198445544595456[/TWEET]

If I had to guess, I would suggest that after the confusion with the missing card the club sought clarification from the referee and when he reported that Lansbury wasn't actually booked it was removed/omitted from the online report.

It's an appalling piece of refereeing. It also means that in the last handful of games (between the end of last season and the beginning of this) we have seen a referee show an Albion player a red card after having the yellow card smashed out of his hand by an opponent, and then an opponent avoid a booking simply because the referee had dropped the yellow card elsewhere on the pitch. :nono::nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here