Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Referee for Sunday - bet Poyet is happy !

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We keep losing to Palace and it's f'ing annoying but there is far too much emphasis being put on bad luck. We haven't been good enough over 90 mins and if we go a goal down I will fear the worst, if we go a goal up...I will also fear the worst until the ref blows up for the end of the game :smile:

We whinge too much about luck when most of our problems are down to not being able to put the ball in the net having created loads of chances.

Not sure the atmosphere needs ramping up Any further but if Pawson makes a couple of dodgy early decisions it could make for the loudest and most vociferous ever Amex game

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just seems like excuses to me.
I hope you're not forgetting that Buckley's clear dive in the box was the only reason you got a point.

Even if you were to take this apparent luck into account, you must admit that in each of the games we have been the better team on the day/night.

Buckley dived on instruction because the ref had been conned by a Zaha olympic special earlier in the match. It is the only time Will has ever dived and in my opinion a fantastic move because it would have been such an injustice if Zaha's cheating had won the game.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
With Pawson reffing, they will 100% get a penalty. Absolutely no doubt. Whether due to the Palace version of events (i.e. all their players are brilliant and the victims of cynical and empty-headed thuggery) or the realistic version (that they take an easy tumble at many an opportunity), there was a decent chance they'd get one anyway - but now it is GUARANTEED to happen. If I had the heart to bet against the Albion and put money down I would go large on it. He's a spineless ref, even discounting the red cards v Burnley he was absolutely shocking, one of those officials who thinks his job is to break up play every twelve seconds (basically whenever their is physical contact anywhere on the pitch), demands free kicks and throws are taken from the blade of grass they occurred on and most of all just loves being centre of attention.

It WILL happen. I was fairly pessimistic before I heard this news; now I've just got a sick feeling of resignation in my gut. Would not be surprised if the pen came hand in hand with a card either. Inside the first twenty and it'll be another game spoiled by a simpleton in a uniform who failed his police entry exam.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
We keep losing to Palace and it's f'ing annoying but there is far too much emphasis being put on bad luck. We haven't been good enough over 90 mins and if we go a goal down I will fear the worst, if we go a goal up...I will also fear the worst until the ref blows up for the end of the game :smile:

We whinge too much about luck when most of our problems are down to not being able to put the ball in the net having created loads of chances.

Not sure the atmosphere needs ramping up Any further but if Pawson makes a couple of dodgy early decisions it could make for the loudest and most vociferous ever Amex game

Thankyou, a down to earth, sensible post. If you beat us at the weekend I for one will offer no excuses. Things happen in football but mostly it is the better team that win. As said you will hear no excuses from me.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Dr deluded has derailed another thread. Surely the mods should ban now?

Well said. I can't wait for the enhanced Ignore User facility to kick in, and then the deluded, tedious dullard will disappear from here all together for me, and I'll have to bite my tongue no longer.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
What the **** are the league thinking. Don't they realise that putting an incompetant **** like pawson in charge of a vital match between arch rivals will not only cause problems on the pitch but could well be the catalyst for trouble off it

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
FFS, a thread about the referee who sent 2 of ours off now hijacked by Seaside "I don't pay up what I owe" Eagle.

MODS please, enough.

That's a good point.

He was trolling obnoxiously as Seaside long before he was eventually run out of town for welching on the REMF bet.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just seems like excuses to me.
I hope you're not forgetting that Buckley's clear dive in the box was the only reason you got a point.

Even if you were to take this apparent luck into account, you must admit that in each of the games we have been the better team on the day/night.

I admit you were better than our reserves.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
How on earth is this Glenn-Murray character still allowed to post on NSC? He is the worst sort of troll, he ruins every thread.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Are u kiddo g? The exact same will happen to you but NOT less than 5 days before our game. We had 3 big games in 7 days when u won here which helped u massively. We were dominant til fatigue kicked in 2nd half. The FA helped u there.

Then there's the sending off which although deserved, won u the game there and then. Then we had a sudden 1 wks defensive crisis and ended up without many of our best players playing and our 6th choice left back. Then there's the corner that wasn't and the horrific cheating of Glenn twathead for the pen.

We can also point to the again horrific cheating of wini saga who didn't get touched and dived to win u a pen and another point a selhurst last yr.

Basically you've had a ridiculous amount of luck which has literally handed u points vs us. And once again this game we have less rest, 1 available striker and a ref that hates us. Despite having players close to bans you surprisingly had more penalties given to you than yellow cards in the last 2 home games..

Sour grapes? Not at all. It's all factually true :)

In the lead up to the Amex game last year, we had to travel to Doncaster on the Saturday beforehand where as you had a home game on the Friday night. Funny how you missed that.

In the 1-1 last season at Selhurst, you mentioned Wilf dived to win a penalty. You forgot to mention Buckley did the exact same thing. Funny that.

In the 3-0 this year, you're player made a stupid lunge and was rightly sent off. Not unlucky, a bad decision on his part. But you cry sour grapes. Funny that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
In the lead up to the Amex game last year, we had to travel to Doncaster on the Saturday beforehand where as you had a home game on the Friday night. Funny how you missed that.

In the 1-1 last season at Selhurst, you mentioned Wilf dived to win a penalty. You forgot to mention Buckley did the exact same thing. Funny that.

In the 3-0 this year, you're player made a stupid lunge and was rightly sent off. Not unlucky, a bad decision on his part. But you cry sour grapes. Funny that.

We were unlucky to have our 5th choice centre back on the pitch. He was there due to a ridiculous amount of injuries. We're playing our SEVENTH choice left back. Nothing can be learnt about the two sides from that game, just as it would be meaningless to beat your reserves.

The rest you've said is fair enough.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
We were unlucky to have our 5th choice centre back on the pitch. He was there due to a ridiculous amount of injuries. We're playing our SEVENTH choice left back. Nothing can be learnt about the two sides from that game, just as it would be meaningless to beat your reserves.

The rest you've said is fair enough.

Greer, Upson, El-Abd. Who's 4th choice if not Dunk?

It's a squad game. As another Palace fan mentioned, we have been without our first choice centre-backs for most of the season, our Captain McCarthy hasn't played a game and Danny Gabbidon has only played a few games due to injury. Does that mean we have an excuse on Sunday if you beat us?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Thankyou, a down to earth, sensible post. If you beat us at the weekend I for one will offer no excuses. Things happen in football but mostly it is the better team that win. As said you will hear no excuses from me.

bolton are the excpetion that prove this rule.

what i hope for is team that peforms on the day - something poyet has not yet managed for a derby yet - other than possibly the 1-1 at smellhurst (both never pens that day). Its a sad fact but palace have been much better on the derby days recently something poyet and the team need to address.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here