Referee for Friday?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
:wink: I'm doing it so we're as good as through. :wink:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
It's funny. I was watching the Brentford game and constantly moaning at the ref's shambolic performance. Then I heard his name and it rung a bell. Nigel Miller, aka the Barnes ref.
Let's not get him.

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
It's funny. I was watching the Brentford game and constantly moaning at the ref's shambolic performance. Then I heard his name and it rung a bell. Nigel Miller, aka the Barnes ref.
Let's not get him.

We should be ok as he's from up North and v rarely ventures south of Birmingham

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Phil Dowd please, good strong ref, takes no sh*t, can spot a dive and isn't worried about booking players for simulation!

We should get Phil Dowd, never seems to get much wrong

I agree, which is strange because of everyone I know who's into football, they say Dowd is the worst ref in the League. Personally I think he's one of the best, great body language, shares a laugh with the players and rarely gets caught up in controversy. He can easily handle the big games, is happy to keep a low profile where it matters and despite his physique, he sure as hell can keep up with the pace of play.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The ref we had for the march game was the same guy we had for last season's burnley match, wasn't it? So I'd say we need a ref from a bad game, maybe the guy who got tripped by Ashley at Bolton...

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Get Paul Durkin out of retirement, now there was a good ref.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Fairly high profile game, lets have a fairly low profile ref. I don't want to be discussing referee decisions all next weekend

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Crystal Palace v Brighton and Hove Albion
MICHAEL OLIVER
Michael McDonough and Adrian Holmes
Fourth Official Stuart Attwell

Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal Palace
MARK CLATTENBURG
Steve Child and Gary Beswick
Fourth Official Paul Tierney

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Michael Oliver is a wonderful appointment, TOP referee. Really impressed with their choices there to be fair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here